Just to clear some things up

So I need to make a few things clear about this story.

I have gotten countless messages and comments full of hate for this story. This story is unrealistic and so very realistic at the same time. I knew that when I started writing it. I didn't think I would get so much hate for how I plotted it out. 

One of the most frequent messages that I saw said something along the lines of "why would she give him a second chance after what he did?" or "she can't love him, he raped her" Well, I know first hand that if all you're getting is hate and abuse from people, you're going to accept any amount of attention that you receive. So when Jason showed even a small amount of affection towards Kayla, she latched on to that.

Let me tell you a story. 

I was bullied horribly in 7th and 8th grade. It got so bad that I even attempted to take  my own life during my eighth grade year. Every single day was miserable. I hated myself and so did the people around me. One day a girl who I hated with every fiber of my being was kind to me. For the first time, someone complimented me and I loved it. I didn't believe it, but I loved it. I would find myself spending more time around her because she didn't completely hate me. I needed any ounce of positivity that I could get. This relates to Kayla in the way that yes, Jason was horrible to her but he started showing love for her. something that she hadn't felt in a long time. Her brother was sexually, physically, and emotionally abusive, her parents were dead, and on top of that; Kaleb started bullying her as well. But Jason was kind to her. She was able to look past everything for a chance at some type of happiness. she needed that so much after years of torment. 

Also please remember that Kayla doesn't have the best mind. A life time of abuse will surely fuck someone up. She might not have had the best judgement when it came to forgiving people. 

Although the odds of this story actually happening in the real world are slim to none, it still shows how much bullying can destroy someone. look back at Kayla from the first chapter compared to the last. she was strong, independent, and brave but that was slowly taken away from her as time went on. please realize that the point of this story was not the love... it was the end result. Bullying kills. I've lost too many people to suicide because of it.

(you may stop reading now if you'd like. now I will talk about bullying in a way that is unrelated to the story)

One of my closest friends took his life almost six months ago. He was bullied to the point of breaking. I was mad at him for the longest time for leaving me, but I am slowly recovering and I hope he's in a better place now. Where ever he may be. If you're having suicidal thoughts, please get help. Please tell someone. Talk to me. My inbox is always open for anyone who needs help. Call someone

Toll free hotlines:

Hotline for LGBT youth: 1-888-843-4564 or 1-800-850-8078

Suicide Prevention: 800-273-8255 or 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-621-4000

All kinds of crisis hotline:  1-800-233-HELP

Those are only a few of the many hotlines available. 

Remember, I'm always here for anyone if you need help with anything. Advice, Depression, or even if you just need someone to talk to. I'm here.

-Jaden