next morning

(Kanda's pov)  I opened my eyes only to see (y/n) laying beside me...god knows how much i wanted to bring her body close to mine and hold her tight , after our last mission i promised i wouldn't let (y/n) get hurt again damn she was in terrible pain and all i could do was hold her until she passed from the amount of blood loss..
i tried to get up without waking her but i failed misserably 😓 after all she has cat senses
(y/n pov )

i was cuddling my pillow when i felt kanda moving and i emmediatly woke up
"ohaiyoo yuuuu" i said
"ohaiyoo neko-chan i see i couldnt get past your cat radar unnoticed"
"stop teasing me its too early im still sleepy" i whined
"well since we're both up we should start with our mission and find the innocense"
"ughhh fineee yuuu-chaaan" i said mockinlgy

*time skip*
you were walking down the street when a lady aprroached kanda..you started feeling the rage burning and wanted to shove off the woman from him but suddenlty you realised she was an akuma however she didnt knew you were exorcists and continued with her seductive plan..

(kandas pov)
i was walking with (y/n) when a woman stopped me she was young and had nice features however i wasnt interested in anyone else than (y/n) ... she started flirting with me and i could see (y/n) changing colors from anger so i quickly waved goodbye to her and before we leave she transformed and i realised she was an akuma , i took mugen out and killed it instantly.

(y/n pov )
finally kanda realised it too however i feel kinda upset i didnt like other womans to have any contact with him also i dont feel very well  i guess im the jealous type huehehe.

(kanda's pov)
i could tell something was wrong with (y/n) but i had to focus on finding the innocense so we could get over with it... (y/n) was way further in front of me and i was following her when i heard her scream in pain and my blood froze. (y/n) was on the ground and a level 3 akuma was above her trying to strangle her without wasting time i attacked that damned akuma and (y/n) joined the fight too....
after a while 2 other level 2 akumas appeared and i begin to worry about (y/n) she still had fresh wounds and i had to protect her no matter what!!!

(y/n pov)
we were 2 against 3 and i knew i wouldn't be able to keep my cat form for a long time since i was wounded , kanda was dealing with the level 3 and i was in charge of the 2 others... after 20 minutes or so i managed to kill one of them but i didnt see the last one coming when it stabbed me in the back with its claw-like hand i screamed , kanda stopped and looked at me utterly shoked 'stupid yuu' i thought and i passed out.

(kandas pov)
i was about to finish the akuma when i heard (y/n) scream her lungs out , i turned and what i saw made my heart ache ..... (y/n) was stabbed by the akumas hand and it had passed through her body to the other side ' NO SHE CANT DIE ' i thought and i rushed by her side forgeting about the akumas still following me i had to get (y/n) out of here.