Chapter 3

I ran just like Cal told me to. I ran down dark corridors. I came to a dead end. I heard pounding footsteps behind me...

I started freaking out when I heard footsteps behind me... I ran into the wall and starting trying to find an opening. When it wouldn't open up anytime, I decided to run up the stairs and to the corridor on the left..the one I didn't come out of.

When I turn around and run up the stairs. Someone blocks me and grabs me by the throat. I thrash and kick and try to get out of the grip. Someone throws fire at the person and he falls in tears. Screaming.

Someone picks me up and throws me behind them. I look up to see Cal standing there. Yelling them to not touch me. I crawl to the opposite wall. Trying to stay out of his steaming heat. His whole body's on fire...

I feel someone reach into my head.

"Ah....." I grab my head and fall to the ground. Screaming in agonizing pain. What's happening? My head throbs and memory's flood through.. I look up and see Cal running in my direction... And when he turns around and throws fire at someone I'm released and slam into the floor. The door I tried opening opens up for him and he picks me up and runs through. He keeps running until I feel myself get laid down on a soft blanket.

"Mare? Are you okay?" He whispers as my eyes barely flicker open. Something cold touches my head.

I prop myself up onto my elbows looking Cal in the eyes. "What happened to me? I felt like someone was controlling me...."

Cal looks around and starts to explain the Elara had gotten in my head and started to kill me... He explained that he broke her trance and opened his secret chamber.

I stare at him. My mouth gapes open...
"Wha-what? What are you talking about?" I stutter on each of my words...

"Mare, she knows what is up. And she will kill you if you don't stay in place..." He looks down at the ground sadly..

"What do you mean? She'll kill me if I don't stay in place? What does that mean!?"

"Did Maven explain anything to you?"

"He said I would be known as Lady Mareena Titanos..... But that is all he said...."

"At least he said something...that stupid-"

"Don't finish that big bro!" Maven says as he jumps on Cals back. I start to laugh, but then wince in pain as my head starts to throb again. Maven and Cal stop laughing and look at me with concern..

"Mare are you ok!?" Cal is the first to react.

"What did my mother do Cal!? I told her not to lay a finger in her mind!"

"I'm fine...my head is throbbing.."

"Maven, Elara got into Mare's head and started to control her, and slammed her head against the ground, and slowly started to kill her..."

Mavens eyes turn a golden red, and his hands catch fire...

"Guys please...." I beg...

"Oh sorry Mare, it's just...well we will explain later, for now we need to get you ready to become the lost Lady Mareena Titanos."