Chapter 1: Dead Pegasus

I stared out the window and thought about how I would cope if I had a sibling or boyfriend killed like that in front of me. Shaking my head, I sighed and turned my head, watching as Party Poison, a.k.a. Gerard, walk around like a robot. He hasn’t said anything or felt anything for the past few days and it was starting to scare me. I chewed my lower lip and a single tear slid down my cheek. Rubbing it away, I stood up and went outside, to Lyn-Z’s grave. I sat down and placed my hand over the makeshift headstone.

“Hi Lyn-Z,” I smiled. “I need your help with Gerard. Please, I need a clue on what to do to help him and only you know how to do that. Ever since Frank dumped him to be with Jamia again, he’s gone into a mega depressed mode and I don’t know what to do, so please, give a sign. Anything that’ll help me, help him.”

I waited for a bit and sighed. Standing up, I turned around and saw something written in the sand.

‘Let him clear his head, then he’ll open up’,” was written in the sand and I gasped.

“Thank you so much, Lyn-Z,” I whispered and raced inside to find Gerard sitting on the bench, his head hanging low.

I stared at him for a bit longer and sighed. Jumping up beside him, I placed my hand on his cheek and made him look at me. I stared into his hazel eyes and smiled slightly.

“Talk to me, Gerard,” I whispered and he sighed. “I’ll always listen to you. Please, I’m just really worried about you.”

He sighed again and I lowered my hand.

“Do you wanna go for target practise?” I asked and his eyes sparked with anger. “I take that as a yes.”

I grasped his hands and led him outside to the dummies we had set up ages ago. The restaurant was closed for us; the workers are looking after the diner for a while, so we have more room here.

“Go on, take your anger out on one of those,” I whispered and he did, gunning the thing to little bits of fluff. “Wow.”

“I know,” he said and I stared at him. “Now, will you leave me alone?”

“I’m only trying to help,” I said.

“Well it obviously isn’t working, so just let it go and leave me the hell alone,” he shouted and I shrank back.

“What the hell man?” I retorted. “You don’t think we can’t feel the pain you’re going through? Because T.J. sure isn’t making it that noticeable and at least she can still talk to us about him without breaking down. She makes you look like a wimp. So grow a pair and man up.”

He stared at me and I crossed my arms over my chest. Gerard clenched his jaw and stomped back inside. I sighed and aimed at one of the dummies, shooting it square in the head. Leaning up against the wall, I stared out at the horizon and swore out loud at all of the shit that was going on. This whole thing wasn’t just T.J.s’ fault, it was mine as well. If I hadn’t of agreed to go with her to get Gerard back, none of us would be in this situation. Swearing again, I punched the wall and walked back inside, my fist pulsing.

“Pegasus?” came T.J.’s small voice. “Are you okay?”

“No, I’m not okay, I can promise you that,” I mumbled and laughed.

“What?” she asked.

“I just kinda quoted I’m Not Okay (I Promise),” I replied and she smiled softly.

“So how was your ‘talk’ with Gerard?” she whispered shyly and I sighed, slumping into one of the hard chairs.

“I ended up wanting to punch him,” I said and T.J. nodded. “He is such an arsehole.”