Chapter 20

[Di's POV]

"Hello?"

My heart stopped for a while when I heard his voice. I suddenly felt excited at the same time sad, happy and nervous. Mixed emotions suddenly ate me. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Ri--Riley?"

I heard him sighed. Silence occurred for a while and then he broke it.

"I--I miss you."

Tears suddenly fell from my eyes. I felt weak. I felt the sudden eagerness to see and hug him.

'I need you. I miss you. I love you Riley.'

[A/N: If you see something like that --> (') on the sentence it means its the character's thought.]

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. I smiled a bit but my tears kept on falling from my eyes.

"Ho--how are you?" I tried to sustain my voice so he wouldn't recognize that I'm crying.

"I'm good." I can feel the sadness in his voice which made me more emotional.

"Tha---that's great to hear."  I laughed a bit so he wouldn't hear my voice cracking.

"What about you? How are you?" I can still feel the sadness in his voice.

"I'm doing great. Stil alive." I closed my eyes and allowed my tears to fall down from my eyes.

"I wanna see you Di."

What he said suddenly stopped me. My tears stopped from falling and I can only feel my heart pounding. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down but I couldn't hold my feelings anymore.

"I---I wanna see you too Riley. I wanna hug you. I wanna be with you. I miss you. I----I really miss you Riley. I'm so----sorry." My tears started to fall again and this time I allowed him to hear me crying.

The only thing I could, we could hear is me crying. I can't hold it anymore. My tears just continued to fall. He kept silent while I was crying. Minutes have passed and my tears wouldn't stop from falling but he started to speak.

"Di.."

I just kept on crying.

"Di.."

I tried to calm myself and started to wipe my tears.

"I... I'm sorry for that." I chuckled a bit so I wouldn't worry him much.

"It's alright. I just wish I'm there with you."

'I wish you were really here too Riley.'

When I finally felt fine he started to ask questions and I can feel that he's angry but at the same time sad. I wanna tell him everything but I couldn't. I just can't.

"Riley, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for everything I have caused you."

"Why didn't you just told me Di?"

"I'm sorry Riley. I was weak and afraid. I'm sorry."

I heard him sighed and there I felt guilty again.

"Riley."

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for not telling you anything. And I'm sorry for... for hurting you... a lot."

"Di, do you love me?"

"God knows how much I do, Riley."

I smiled unconsciously.