Question #8: How Many Is Too Many?

From @TheBadNewsAddiction

          What would you say is better in your opinion? Writing and focusing on one book at a time and finishing it before moving on to another or writing a few books at once?

          This varies from person-to-person. For me, if I'm writing an original to be published, I will definitely only write that one book and focus on it. Publishing requires a lot more work than writing on Wattpad, so anything that can distract me from finishing it is a big no-no. On the other hand, if I'm writing here, I'll probably stick to a maximum of three stories. Anything over that number and you will overwhelm yourself and your readers. You also have to remember that the more stories you have, the more time you're going to need to keep them updated. With Wattpad readers, updating in a timely manner is practically the most important thing you can do, otherwise, you'll lose them.

          As I said, it just depends on you and your workload. I've heard a lot of people say that writing more than one story keeps them from getting bored but I've heard others say that it's just a distraction. This is more of a trial-and-error process of seeing what works best for you. Seeing that you mentioned writing three books was causing you to put one or more of them on hold would lead me to believe that three is probably too many for you. I'd stick to two and see how that goes. If that's too many, then write one at a time, there's really no right answer. It's all about your preference.

          I sincerely hope I have helped you in some way. If anyone has other questions that I haven't answered yet, feel free to ask them below. ❤