16

June 7th, 1980

Prince and I haven't talked to each other in two days. As much as I hate to admit it, I was miserable without our constant bickering and laughter. Today was his birthday, so the band and I planned to go out and celebrate with him tonight. The only problem was that no one had seen or heard from him at all.

I sat at the foot of his bed slipping on my leather boots, my head filled with thoughts of him. My head was throbbing from how much I was stressing over him, and the saddest part of it all is that he probably isn't worried about me at all.

The telephone located near his bed rang obnoxiously snapping me out of my dangerous thoughts, I released a deep sigh before standing up to answer it.

"Hello?" I greeted as I picked up the beige colored phone, the line was silent except for the faint sound of someone breathing lightly. My nose scrunches at the peculiar behavior of the person on the other end, out of nowhere the line goes dead.

That's not strange at all.

"Who was that?" A deep voice utters, my breath hitches in my throat at the sudden intrusion. I turned on my heel swiftly to find Prince leaning against the doorway, his amber orbs were trained intently on my figure. I shuddered visibly before meeting his eyes but the intensity caused me to turn away.

"No one." I answered hurriedly.

He shook his head in amusement, "You don't have to hide anything from me, I won't tell your boyfriend."

My eyes followed him as he waltzed into the room before open a few drawers when he approached his dresser, his hands lifted several shirts searching through each one briefly. With a deep sigh of relief he pulled out a silver key twirling it between his fingers.

"Where have you been?" I whispered but the house was quiet enough for him to hear each word roll off my tongue, his lips tugged into a smirk.

"Out." He replies simply with a shrug of his shoulders, I shook my head in refusal.

"That's so vague. You don't have to hide anything from me, I won't tell your girlfriend." I used his words against him.

"Well, I don't know about you but I don't believe in questioning without good reasoning."

"What is considered a good reason to you?" I murmured his tongue glided over his bottom lip as he takes a seat on his bed but I remain standing.

"It's not necessarily what I think is a good reason, it's just that you're not my girl so why are you concerned about my whereabouts."

"What do you believe in then?" I asked desperate to get some sort of answer to my questions, his sparkling sage eyes meet mine as the corners of his lips curled.

"You." He whispers.

"Why can't you just talk to me? Just be open: no games or riddles, only straightforward answers."

"Now where's the fun in that?" He pouts playfully, I crossed my arms over my chest as my jaw clenched. This was no longer worth the time or effort.

"Do you have anything planned tonight?"

Prince tilts his head slightly in thought, "Yeah, why?"