sixteen : family hug

"Who made this?" Arden asked, still in shock.

"Cisco!" Felicity answered excitedly as she clapped her hands. "He owed me a favor."

"Can I try it on tonight?" Arden asked, looking hopefully at Felicity.

"Absolutely not! It's your birthday and we're all celebrating!" Oliver said making Arden roll her eyes.

"Fine," Arden agreed.

"So, Arden, how old are you turning?" Lyla asked as she took a bite of her pizza. They were sitting in Oliver's living room eating pizza because that's what Arden wanted.

"Nineteen," Arden answered, grabbing her second slice.

"Denden!" Little John exclaimed and ran to hug Arden.

"Oh! Hello, John!" Arden giggled as John grabbed Arden's cheeks with his tiny hands.

"Denden is pretty!" John said clapping his hands together. "Like Momma and Auntie Lis!"

"You're so adorable!" Arden said, placing her plate to her side and pinching little John's cheek gently. John giggled as he placed a kiss on Arden's cheek.

"I'm so glad you can be a part of our family, Arden. You may not be as close to me as the others, but I appreciate everything you've done." Lyla said with a smile. The others smiled at the comment, but Arden felt like frowning.

"I appreciate it, but I haven't done anything to deserve those lovely words. I've been a pain in the ass for as long as I have been part of the team. I'm sorry I was brought into your family like this. I just- I hope I can actually do some good." Arden said, her eyes were filling with tears and her nose was runny.

"Arden, we love you." Felicity said, getting up from her seat and sitting on the floor next to Arden and Roy. "You have brought joy and love into this team, this family. You protected Oliver, you helped me when I needed your help and you've done nothing more than brighten everyone's day." Felicity finished and hugged her tightly.

"We love you, Arden. You are my other little sister. You make me less nervous on the field because I know you always have my back. You're my family, Arden." Oliver said and joined the hug.

"Arden, I might've been suspicious at first and I may not get your powers, but you're a friend. And to me, friends are my family." Diggle said and joined the hug as well.

"Arden Rose Hunt, I know you don't have a middle name but I like Rose. Anyways, you're the best person in the whole world and I hope you know how much we love you." Roy said happily, walking towards the others and joining the hug.

"Arden, you're our family." Lyla said and joined the hug along with the others.

"Family hug!" John exclaimed giggling.

"I love you guys." Arden said happily with her eyes shut closed and a smile on her face.

"We love you, too."

"Guys, you might want to come here and see this." Arden said in a shaky voice, making all heads turn her way. She re-read the email over and over, trying to know if it was real. As Oliver walked towards her, she checked to see if she could trace the e-mail, but the person must've hacked it because she couldn't.

"I'm coming for you. I'll destroy your world the way you destroyed mine, Green Arrow. With all the hate in the world, Scott (aka your worst enemy) Ps. Happy Birthday to your friend." Oliver read. Arden was shaking in fright, this reminded her of her abusive ex-boyfriend for some reason. Oliver noticed how shaken up Arden was, so he gave her a side hug in a comforting way.

"What's wrong?" Felicity asked, jogging with her purple heels to where Oliver and Arden were.

"Read it." Arden said, pushing her laptop to Felicity's direction. Her eyes scanned the screen and as soon as she finished reading, she started to find a location from where it was sent.

"You can't trace it, Lis. I already tried, he must've done something to it." Arden said, she wasn't even speaking, she just breathed her words.

"Yes, but if I at least know what kind of device he sent it from and what model it is,  I may be able to send a virus to the device. The virus eliminates any sort of firewall or security and it can give away his location." Felicity said as she worked on her computer. "Meanwhile, why doesn't Oliver start to explain who Scott is?"

"I have no idea." Oliver replied honestly.

"Can I use your phone for a second?" Arden asked Oliver. Oliver gave his phone to Arden and she started to search something online. "Oh no, oh no."

"What's wrong?" Oliver asked.

"Scott. I think I know who he is." Arden answered shakily. "Recent reports say there has been an escape at Iron Height. His name is Scott."

"Do you know him?" Felicity asked, noticing how Arden was suddenly so nervous.

"Yeah, he's my ex-boyfriend."

*******
HELLO!! I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING SOONER, I'M IN VACATIONS NOW SO I'M TRYING. I'M ALSO TRYING TO CATCH UP ON ARROW BECAUSE I'M ON EPISODE THREE OF SEASON 5! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!! BAIII
- ara (⌒▽⌒)