Chapter 34: More Rumours, Confessions & Phone Calls

// September 29, 2012 //
- Payton -

At the moment, it was just after four in the morning. We were all on the buses, the team and Pattie in one, Carly Rae Jepsen and her team on another, and Justin, Cody, Justin's friend Ryan Butler and I were on the last one. All of the equipment was already in Las Vegas (our next stop) as they had driven it there just an hour after the concert in Glendale. Anyway, I was sitting on one of the two couches. Cody was the only other person up, so the two of us had been watching TV ever since we got on the bus.

"I'm surprised that this show isn't on during the day," Cody says, his eyes glued on the television screen as he watched a rerun of That's So Raven.

"It used to be on during the day," I tell him. "I remember watching it all the time."

Cody nods his head and lies back on the couch he's on, eyes never leaving the screen.

"Could you blink every once in a while so that I know you're still alive?" I joke, throwing a couch cushion at his head. Cody turns to me and sticks his tongue out in my direction before he goes back to giving all his attention back to the show. I roll my eyes and grab my phone from its spot on the floor.

"Oh yeah, did you hear about what Austin Mahone said about you?"

I look up at the blond kid across from me and raise an eyebrow.

"Obviously I didn't!" I say loudly, not breaking eye contact with Cody as I lock my iPhone and wait for him to start speaking. "Are you gonna tell me or?" I question, resting my chin on the palm of my hand as I wait impatiently for an answer.

"They asked him if he was interested in anyone and Austin went on and on about how much he likes you."

I laugh, thinking that Cody was just joking ... turns out he wasn't.

"He actually said that?"

Cody nods his head. "Yeah he did."

"He does know that I'm with Niall right? Like, I'm not gonna drop everything for this kid who will probably be tired of me in a month!" I exclaimed, my grip on my phone tightening the more angry I got.

"I think he really likes you. I'd watch his every move if I were you."

"That's not helping, Cody."

"I thought it was pretty helpful!"

I roll my eyes and lie down on the couch. "I don't want any drama. Austin's gonna say something and then I'll be sent tons of death threats because everyone will think I started it ... that it's my fault" I vent, covering my face with my hands.

"Well you're not going to like this ..." a new voice says and I remove my hands from my face to see who the voice belonged to.

If you were wondering, it was Ryan.

Anyway, he walks over to me and hands me his phone. It was open to an "article" from a gossip site - how lovely. My eyes scanned the page quickly before I actually looked and processed what the title was.

Austin Mahone admits to dating Taylor Swift's sister, Payton Swift.

My eyes widen and I feel my face heat up.

"YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME! This can't be happening," I say, placing Ryan's phone down beside me before I hold my head in my hands. "This is ridiculous, I can't even begin to wrap my head around this."

Ryan sits down next to me, rubbing my back with one of his hands. Cody, on the other hand, gets up and walks away. He returns a moment later and gives me a chocolate bar. I give him a look and Cody just shrugs.

"Chocolate makes everything better."

I giggle at his answer and opened the chocolate. I broke off a piece and popped it in my mouth. "This is delicious," I say and Cody smiles.

"What can I say? I'm just a genius," he jokes as he gives me a thumbs up before fixing his gaze upon the television that was now playing a rerun of Hannah Montana.

"What am I gonna do?" I ask Ryan, who looks up from his phone to answer me.

"To be honest you need to tell Austin to stop or else me, Justin, and all ofOne Direction will beat him up," Ryan suggests to me, shrugging his shoulders at the end. I laugh and unlock my phone, heading to Twitter to clear everything up.

@paytonswift: don't believe what you read & don't believe what you hear. i'm dating @niallofficial NOT @austinmahone ...

@paytonswift: i'm very disappointed in austin for doing something like this. never in my dreams would i have thought a close friend would try to ruin my relationship like that ...

@paytonswift: @austinmahone i'm so disappointed in you. i'm in love with niall & i think it would be best for all of us if you deleted my number and found a new friend. sorry that our friendship has to end this way.

After I send my tweets out, my mentions are filled with support - and a couple angry tweets to Austin that I'm mentioned in. I smile at the support tweets, it's lovely that these people who used to hate me are now on my side. I continue to scroll through my mentions, stopping when I suddenly get new mentions.

@NiallOfficial: was just about t call @paytonswift n ask her what's going on but now that i've seen her tweets i know i've got the right girl

@acaciabrinley: for the last time. @paytonswift IS NOT dating austin mahone. austin is just being a jerk & payton has never been happier dating niall #piallforlife

I laugh at Acacia's hashtag. That girl is so cute, ah I just love her. Greatest friend ever to be honest. I close Twitter and press the call button, dialling Niall's number - I love calling Niall instead of texting. His voice is perfect ... I just love his voice so much. Anyway, I hold the phone to my ear and wait for him to pick up.

"Hello, this is Niall's phone how may I help you?" a voice laughs after the second ring. I giggle and rest my head against the cold leather of the couch.

"Hi Zayn," I say and he laughs on the other end of the line. "Can you put Niall on the phone?"

He laughs again. "Is Niall in trouble?" he asks and this time I let out a laugh.

"No he's not."

"So why don't you want to talk to me?"

"Because Niall is my boyfriend, Zayn," I say slowly, just so that my words are clear to him. He goes quiet for a few moments, but then laughs from the other boys echo through the phone and that's when he starts talking again.

"Alright that sounds like a good enough reason."

"Well I try my best," I tell him and he laughs before yelling at Niall to come to the phone.

"Hey babe," Niall says, the sound of his voice making me smile really wide. In the background, the boys tease him for blushing - which I think is really cute because everything Niall does is cute he's just a cutie.

"Hey baby," I coo and kind of curl up on the couch, giving Ryan more space to stretch out. "I saw your tweet."

Niall goes quiet. "I was just defendin' you," he sheepishly tells me, his voice in a hushed tone as if he had done something wrong. I keep my phone against my ear, waiting for him to say something to break this uncomfortable silence.

"Niall."

"Yeah?"

"Are you worried that I love Austin and not you?" I ask and he goes quiet again.

"Yes," he whispers and I think my heart just dropped. I wish I was with him right now, I wish I could just hold him and look him in the eyes.

"Baby, don't think like that!" I say, running a hand through my hair.

"I know. I can't help it though, Payton. You're so beautiful and you can do much better than -"

I cut Niall off mid-sentence because I know what he was going to say and there was no way that I could believe that I could do better when Niall's all I've ever wanted.

"Niall, you need to relax. I love you and you're the only one I want, I can promise you that. Trust me, alright? I love you more than anything."

He chuckles on the other end and I smile.

"I love you more than everything I've ever had, Payton," says Niall to me and I bite my lip in an attempt to not burst into tears.

"You're gonna make me cry!" I laugh and so does he, the result being us laughing for around five minutes before I yawn.

"Are you tired?"

"A little ..."

"Go to bed," he instructs.

"I can't! I want to talk to you," I protest, yawning once more.

"Payton."

I sigh and yawn one last time. "I guess I should sleep. I'll text you in a couple hours."

"Alright. Love you babe."

"Love you too Niall," I smile and then we both hang up. I yawn and stand up, walking to the back where the bunk beds were. We had eight bunks, but we're only using three because Justin has the little bedroom at the very back of the bus. Anyway, I climbed onto my bunk and shut the little curtain. Then, climbed under the covers and shut my eyes, immediately falling into a deep sleep.

***

You'd think I'd be tired after getting two hours of sleep, but I was surprisingly quite energized. I could feel the hype from Justin's fans as the buses pull into the back parking lot of the arena.

"Look at the signs they've got, Justin! They are the cutest," I say, looking through the bus window as we pass by the waiting fans. He smiles and looks up at me.

"I told you, I have the greatest fans in the world!" Justin sings, and I laugh while shaking my head. He walks over and sits next to me on the couch, waiting for me to sit properly. "Who's going out to see them first?" asks Justin and from his bunk, Cody yells his suggestion.

"I think Payton should!"

I laugh as Ryan yells that he agrees with Cody. Justin looks at me, the look he was giving me basically asking if I wanted to go say hi to the waiting fans.

"Let me go change," I smile and head to the bunk area. I pull open the door to the closet beside mine and Ryan's bunks, grabbing a clean pair of undergarments (you know what I'm talking about), as well as a black crop top and denim high-waisted shorts. Then, I head into Justin's room to change. After I change, I go back to my bunk and put my dirty clothes in my laundry bag, setting that down before pulling the curtain shut.

"Payton?" Justin calls out and I sigh.

"Yeah?" I call back.

"Almost ready? We're parked and the team says you can visit the fans," Justin yells to me and then I hear his footsteps. I yell a response back to him and then quickly put some foundation on my face to cover up any blemishes or uneven parts. I then apply some mascara and eyeliner, sliding on a pair of black Vans after.

"I'm going to see them now," I smile and head back out into the main part of the bus. I slide my phone and a Sharpie into one of my pockets, saying 'good morning' to Ryan and Cody before I step out of the bus.

"THERE SHE IS!" one of the girls yells and everyone screams while I laugh and cover my ears. I pick up my walking pace, not wanting to make these girls wait to meet someone any longer. As I walk up to one group of girls, I notice Dan and Scooter talking to another group of them ... I also saw what looked like meet and greet passes in Scooter's back pocket.

Is he going to give those out? I think to myself, while signing some things for the girls I was talking to.

"It's so great to meet you!" One girl, I think she said her name was Hannah, said, holding back her tears. I laughed and motioned for her to come closer. Once she did, I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a huge hug.

"It's lovely to meet you! I love meeting Justin's fans, you're all so beautiful," I tell her and all the fans around cheer.

"Where's Justin?" a girl yelled out and I smile.

"He's taking a nap on the bus. He was up late last night," I explain and they all go "oooo".

"Did you keep him up late?" another yells and everyone bursts out laughing.

"No no! I was asleep about an hour after we got on the bus. Justin was up stalking people on Twitter," I say and they all scream for no reason. I laugh and move on, signing stuff and taking pictures with some of the girls who were waiting. "Hold on a second!" I say to all the fans at one point and then run over to a security guard.

"Yes ma'am?" he asks and I laugh.

"First of all, you can call me Payton. Second, can you get a picture of me with all these lovely girls?" I ask and the guard nods his head. I hand him my phone and I walk closer to the crowd of people. "Alright! On the count of three, y'all say cheese. Ready?" I ask them and they all cheer/scream in response. I turn back to face the camera and I noticed Scooter standing there next to the security guard who has my phone.

"Ok! One, two, three ..."

"Cheese!" we all say and Scooter gives me thumbs up to signal that the photo has been taken. I smile and thank Justin's fans for being so sweet, then I get my phone back and head back onto the bus to relax for a couple hours before it's time for soundcheck.

Once I'm settled on my bunk, I log onto Twitter to tweet the picture of me with Justin's group of fans.

@paytonswift: so honoured to be on this tour! great meeting these lovelies today :)

---

Yay I finally update this book!
Ahh I worked hard on this chapter I hope y'all love it. The epilogue will be posted next Tuesday :'(

Thank you guys for all your support throughout this book it means the world to me :') please never change<33

also, i gOT TICKETS TO SEE ONE DIRECTION ON THEIR WHERE WE ARE TOUR AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR THAT!!!

ok ya i love y'all so much have an amazing weekend (so close!)

goal: 50 votes, 20 comments & 400 reads :) i know you can do it!

follow me on;
twitter - @ayobiebah
instagram - @ayosophia
tumblr - sweetdreaminq.tumblr.com
if you follow my tumblr, leave me a message on there telling me you're from Wattpad & I'll follow back xx