13. Gas on the fire

Start from the beginning

"Coda! Stop this at once." his mother yelled angerly from the background. But, he did not listen, for he had no control over his body.

His wolf was fighting hungrily for the chance to get at Caleb and not long after he lost his fight with his wolf. Coda let his wolf take over and his wolf was going to enjoy his small amount of time he had. His growls were strong and powerful as Coda clutched his neck harder and moved his mouth close to his ear.

"I will kill you before you or anyone else lay a hand on my mate! Or anyone else in my pack." Caleb gasped for air as Coda held him tighter.

This was the time that Coda was going to finish him off for good. So he could no longer threaten him, his pack or Emma. Caleb was dangerous to have around and the only way to keep everyone safe from him was to eliminate him. And that was exactly what Coda was going to do as he cut off his air supply. Coda watched at the man wheezed and groaned for air.

"What's going on here?" A strong alpha tone filled that air, that Coda could only recognize as his father's.

Coda did not let Caleb out of his death grip, even though his father had returned and was clearly not happy at what he saw. His black eyes only showed anger and no remorse.

"Let go of him, Coda!" He father demanded. His hands in tight fists at his sides showing how enraged he was. "NowCoda, and don't make me say it again" He yelled so loud it made that ground shake. But, still, this had no effect on Coda or his wolf.

The twins wrapped their arms around Coda before he could kill Caleb. They tried a few time before successfully pulled him away from Caleb. Coda or more his wolf was struggling to get out of their grip. Growls escaped his mouth with each tug of his arm, or kick of his leg.

"Let go. I NEED to KILL him!" Coda growled in a dark voice that didn't sound like his own. It was deeper and more menacing than his own.

Zane whisper, "Stop your scaring her," knowing that it was an ineffective way to get him to stop fighting.

Coda's wolf let go of control the second Zane pointed out the state of his mate. His eyes turn back to their normal green shade as he looked over at Emma. She was on her knees with one hand on the ground keeping her steady. The other, over her face, as she cried softly. Sandra was crouched down over her, rubbing her back soothingly.

Coda was filled with his mate's sadness and was immediately regretting not being with her through this situation. She must be conflicted by what to do and what to believe. Should she be on her mate's side? The person she made for. Or her family and friend's side. The only people she has ever know for her whole life.

Jordan walked up to him infuriated. His body rigid and his hair a mess from running his hands through his hair too much. Coda was still in the twins hold was oblivious to his father's anger and was only focused on his mate.

"What are you doing?" The yelling match began. "His defenseless!" Coda ducked his head is submission.

I'm sorry Coda. I really just wanted to rip his head off. Coda's wolf whimpered. But Coda felt the same rage he did and wanted the same thing.

Jordan took a deep breath and rubbed his hand down his face. Jess walked over to her mate and put her hand on his chest, as to tell him to go easy on their son. "Ok, mine explaining your actions? And why is your mate crying all by herself, on the ground without you?" Coda looked away from Emma and his father to find himself fixated on the dirt patch he was standing on. He was ashamed of what he had done but didn't regret a thing.

"I only did it to protected the pack." His father shook his head in anger and held his wife closer to him.

"No! You did it out of anger, selfishness, and satisfaction. Do you know why I put the oversize meat bag out in the open?" Coda shook his head as his father waved an accusing finger in his face.

"Because," he said responding to his unfinished question. "Every time he opens his stupid mouth he give us valuable information," Jordan pointed out.

Of course, his dad had a great plan and Coda just makes himself look like a fool. Everything his father listed was true and valuable. Coda was only acting on his selfish needs. But, the overwhelming feeling of anger only fueled his hate for Caleb and caused him to act out harshly. He needed the satisfaction of not only him being killed but, by being killed by his hands.

His father just shook his head in disappointment and his mother doing the same.

"Dad uncle Jasper called," Coda said after five minutes of silence. "He wanted to talk to you." Jordan looked at him. "Why?" Jasper only calls if it important. "Something about Emma's herd."

Jordan let go of Jess as ran to the truck to call back his brother. Coda followed in a walking pace after he shook loose of the twins, now gentile hold.

The cell phone rang a few times before Jasper picked up and answered. "Hey, how are you?" Jordan asked as he fiddled with the phone in his hand. "What?!.... Fine I will."

Jordan hung up the phone. "Ok me, you and Emma are going to town in a few days to meet Jasper."

So umm... no one voted on the covers so I picked my favorite one. But, If people vote and comment on this chapter on the one they want I am willing to reconsider! Either 1,2 or 3. You will have to go back to the last chapter to know which one you are voting for.

Also, thank you to ItsLillieBro and ShipClace101 for voting on my chapters!