26. The Room

Copyrighted by Tuptake

Emma had been shut up in her "New Room" for three days. It was a nice room with a large bed, a bathroom, and a T.V. 

The only interaction she had was with Kaden who would come and sleep beside her and some times have dinner with her. She would also have food and water brought to her by one of the lower ranks and very rarely heard an order from the guard out of her door. 

Very little did she see the three women who would help her keep busy without leaving her room. Two blondes and one brunette. Lillian and Taylor were sisters and both shared the blond hair. They both were mated to the head guard and border control commander. They were very skilled in martial arts. 

But Mary, the brunette had trouble with her training and was afraid of hurting another. It did not help that she was two months pregnant, tho she was not showing yet. Mary spent most of her time balling her eyes out to Emma. 

Each woman would visit her at a different time, even though they were all friends. Emma learn a lot from each. 

Lillian had a young boy named Simon and tented to bring him over when her mate was gone and she needed someone to watch him. He was a fast little guy for a year old and would smile all the time. He would brighten Emma's dark days just a little.

Taylor on the other hand, had no children. She spent all her free time with Emma showing her, her favorite books or T.V shows. She was constantly reading a book even when walking.

They where very nice ladies and Emma did not blame them for going along with Kaden's plan to keep her here. They didn't really know what was going on because they trust their alpha with their life and the life of their children. 

Emma was sitting in the window sill that had no way of an opening, just after Taylor left. She was locked in with no way of escaping.

 "Coda, I am so sorry" She whispered with her hand on the window. Her breath making a fog as the rain was beating against the glass. A few tears escaped her eyes as she shut them. 

"There is no need to worry my love," Kaden said from the doorway. He was leaning on the frame with his arms crossed over his chest. He had bulked up, since the last time Emma saw him. Her eyes ran over his body. She saw that he had more scars. But, the biggest one from his jaw down to his shoulder. That one was from his dad and the dreaded fight they had the day she left. "Your safe now with me."

When she made no move, not even to look at him, he walk towards her. 

"I know your confused about this Emma." He said as he put his hand on her cheek and gently moved her face to look at him.

 "It's hard, I know." his eyes softened and the love he had for her, showed. "But he is just using you for the bond. It is forcing him to think he loves you but he doesn't truly love you, like I do." 

Kaden had no evil intentions. No other motive but, to love her. His love was pure, so pure it blinded him from his true meaning of a mate.

"Kaden, you know I love you. Right?" He nodded his head and slowly hugged her. " I love you with all of my heart. But , we are not destined to be together. We have other lovers, who will love us just as much as we love each other." She said as she placed a hand on his chest. "I know your mate is out there..." 

"NO," he said forcefully as he crushed her into his chest. "I choose to be with you ever since I was a child. There is no way I am letting you go!" He yelled before walking out and slamming the door. 

Emma's heart dropped. There is no way she can convince him that mates are better then what they have. Her heart broke every time she thought about leaving him but it hurt just as badly as being away from Coda. And to know that he is mad and hurt because of her just made it worse. 

There was a knock on the door. "Come in," she called thinking it was one of the three woman. A small girl with long blond hair walked in. She had bright blue eyes and pale skin. She was timid, even more then Emma. 

"Sorry for disturbing you." She said in a quiet tone. "But, I need to talk to you." Her hands fiddled with her dress.

She took a deep breath and fell to the floor. Emma thought she had fainted and was about to rushed to her. But, then she saw that the girl was bowing. "Please, please take Kaden back." Her voice cracked. "He is so lost with out you and it hurts me to see or even hear him crying." 

At first, Emma thought this was some kind of set up by Kaden. Sending a sad girl to beg of her to take him back. He probably thought that she would feel sorry for the girl and take him back right away. But, Emma was now loyal to Coda.

Emma scoffed at the girl. 

"Do you know what you are asking me?" She said getting up from the window sill. "You are asking me to give up someone I love and was destined for. I love Kaden just as much as Coda but he has someone for him and I can no longer get in the way of that, and same for him." The girl threw herself at Emma, clutching her leg for dear life. tears filled her eyes and she sobbed as loudly as she could.

"All I want is for him to be happy." She cried. Her tears wetting her face causing her hair to stick to her face. "And if that is not with me, I am willing to let him go. Can you not see that I am in just as much pain as you are! I am conflicted and saddened that when he looks at me, He see nothing! No bond, no love, nothing. But, when he looks at you, you can tell he sees his life." She sobbed more. Her body racking with sadness and pain as her hands clutch Emma's pants. 

"Please. I know I am asking for a lot but I want him to be happy. I will give you anything, anything you want." The girl said finishing her pleads and looking up to Emma with hopeful and saddened eyes.. 

As Emma stared at the girl, she felt more and more hopeful that Emma would accept her offer. Thought she could feel the stabbing and tightening in her chest. The girl knew the cost. The cost of giving her mate away. 

"I... I can't. I am faithful to my mate, and you should be to." Emma went down on her knees. To become face to face with the girl. 

"He marked me. I am his and he is mine. Can't you see that? Kaden is blinded by this fake love for me and doesn't see the true love right in front of him. No matter what I do I will never making him as happy as you do." Emma put her forehead to the girls. "I am no match for him when it comes to you. You just need to make him see that."

Both girls had tears running down their faces. Pain etched on both. "I know you love more him anything, and who am I to stop that."

SoNg NaMe: Palms By Petit Biscuit