Inferno's Kitchen: Episode Two

• Dedicated to My Writing Group

Envy: Leviathan’s Green Shoes

A demon girl looks rejected as she see her crush making out with a girl she hates. A slim woman with black hair and sharp green eyes steps out from behind a door. She wears a slinky black dress and green pumps.

Leviathan: Have you ever had a moment where you felt so jealous that you would do anything to take that away from someone and DESTROY THEM!!!  She quiets down. I’m Leviathan, Demon of Envy, and I’m here to give that satisfaction to you.

Girl: You are?

Leviathan makes a pair of bright green heels appear in front of the girl.

Girl: Ew! Those shoes are a gross color. Like poison or something.

Leviathan: Bright green happens to be my favorite color.

Leviathan looks positively murderous for a moment, then calms down.

Leviathan: Anyway, if you put on these shoes, people will be absolutely envious of you!

The girl puts on the shoes cautiously, and a group of paparazzi surround her. Her crush makes out with her, and they kiss passionately until the mean girl flies over and punches her. They start slapping and hitting each other. A huge smackdown commences. The shoes fall off and Leviathan groans.

Leviathan: Not again!

She flys away in a huff, dropping the heels in a trash can on the way out.

Part 2: Quest for Sun Chips™

“Your first challenge involves everyone’s favorite snack foods, Sun Chips™!” Beelzebub held up a bag of the delicious chips. Ryan could feel his stomach growl.

“You have to retrieve as many bags of these tasty morsels from a booby-trapped house, then make it into a delicious, by which I mean horrible, appetizer! You will have twenty minutes to find the chips and forty minutes to prepare your food!” The demon said excitedly, and a portal opened up on the back wall. On the other side was a peaceful looking house in the middle of a swamp.

“You will be monitored by a series of cameras for the enjoyment of the audience and myself. Thanks Camera Man!” He continued, a giant screen now hovering over his head, and the audience cheered loudly. A man behind a huge camera in the front gave a thumbs up.

A beautiful girl with horns, a forked tail, and scantily clad clothing appeared out of nowhere, holding a giant flag with flames on it.

Beelzebub and Moloch flew over to the portal and yelled, “On your mark…”

Barbie now had her long blonde hair in a ponytail and was staring at the portal.  Chop swung his axe and whooped.

“Get set…”

Ryan could see Digit holding a strange device in his hand. Chad was sweating, and Ebony’s white makeup was flaking off. Ryan himself felt like he was going to throw up.

“GO!”

Digit flew ahead at super speed, leaving the others behind. Momentarily stunned, Ryan and the others ran or flew into the portal. As Ryan went through the portal, Beelzebub said, “ How will Ryan fare against winged demons? Let’s see how he does.”

As they left the portal behind, Ryan could feel his shoes squish in the mud. The demons laughed, their wings flapping as they soared ahead of him. However, a gunshot made them scatter.

Ryan ran into the trees, already out of breath, and peered at the house. On the porch of the house was an old man holding a gun. Next to him was a Digit-sized hole where the demon had most likely escaped from the old man’s wrath.