Chapter Seven-An Irish Gala-Dublin-1821

Lady Edwina Sharpe's framed picture was in the heart of the Manor.

"A fine Lady", Lady Shelpborne studied the picture.

"An English Lady", Lady Margaret declared.

"Aye".

"And she has wed Sir Richard for four years?".

"Aye. She's with a two year old son". Lady Shelpborne grinned, as they heard the doorbell ring. Reeves, the Butler, arrived.

***

"They're here M'Ladies", he bowed, as he opened the door for the guests to arrive. They all walked in elegant red colored gowns; white colored slippers on their feet; gold jewelery around their necks; and red colored lipstick on their luscious mouths.

"Reeves is on holiday in Ireland to see his family. He spends a lot of time in London". Lady Shelpborne told Lady Margaret, "...He is Lord Richard's private Butler".

"I see".

"Aye, now...Let's entertain the Ladies".

"Aye".

***

"I do declare that are they're any Lords here?". Lady Georgina Smythe had an air of supriority about her.

"They'll be here presently". Lady Margaret stared at her.

"I say, I do feel that there's no Irish Lords worthy of me".

"That's because your standards are too high".

"That an outrageous lie!".

"Do you think that a Lord shall marry you?".

"Of course".

"And why won't a Lord marry me?". She long, black colored hair was tied in a bun; her brown colored eyes eyed the front door.

Suddenly Lord Daniel arrived.

He was wary of social events that were deemed unfashionable.

"M'Lord, you came?". Lady Margaret enquired.

"I...I was...indisposed M'Lady".

"In the cells I see". Lady Shelpborne watched for his reaction. He sighed. Then he nodded. He hated to defend his disgraceful behavior to the Ladies.

"It wasn't my fault. My son was...".

"You have a son M'Lord?", Lady Georgina Smythe enquired.

"I'm afraid it's a long story".

He strode down the hallway, turned right, and rested his feet on one of the mahogany colored chairs that was near the stone fireplace, and was relieved to relax before the Gala begun. He saw the framed picture of Lady Edwina and Lord Richard Sharpe that was on the wall, and sighed as he thought of a lost future that was denied him.

 Page 8