CHAPTER 36: VAGUE TRUTH

Chapter 36: Vague Truth

I sat near on the floor near the comfort room. Filter immediately run towards me and he wagged his tail. He sat on my lap but he faced me, still wagging his tail.

It's past 12 in the morning and I had a long and tiring day. I had a wrong deduction and left school. Alas dyes ng gabi na ako nakabalik sa dorm after Mom and we visited Fortune Cookie,
the famous soothsaying house. Maaga kaming umalis doon at sinadya ko lamang na matagal makauwi to avoid judgmental stares of people.

I expected already that if Bridle would see me, they would be thinking about what happened kanina at sasabihan ulit ako ng loser. But being a school loser and the campus laughing stock slash talk of the school for the wrong deduction is least of my concerns now.

I made an imaginary heirarchy of matters need to be done and it was the last one. As of now, I have my father, the Genesis and Mom's memory. I recalled what happened when Mom consulted Cookie, the soothsayer.

"Amethyst", wika ng babaeng nakasuot ng makulay na gamit. She was thoroughly covered with colorful fabrics at tanging mata lamang ang nakikita mula dito.

"Kilala mo ako?", hindi makapaniwalang wika ni Mommy.

"Narinig ko lamang."

"Oh. So it's really true that you've got the clairaudience ability as sixth sense", komento ni Mommy. I sat on the sofa on the side while pumwesto naman si Mommy sa harap ng babae. The place is weird and creepy at masakit sa mata ang kulay ng ilaw but I endure it all at nakamata lang sa kanila.

Bahagyang tumango ang manghuhula. She stared at Mom for a while bago
nagsalita. "Ano ang maipaglilingkod ko sa'yo?"

"I want to ask something about my dreams and vision. I'm not a psychic like you, the visions that I'm talking about ay sanhi ng pagkawala ng alaala ko. So I have this consulted to you. I always
see a little boy in my visions and
dreams. Who do you think he is?"

She tapped her gloved hands on the table. Paulit-ulit niya iyong ginawa na para bang may pattern or was it part of her rituals?

"I'm sorry pero hindi saklaw ng kakayahan ko ang pasukin ang iyong panaginip. Maari kong masagot iyan sa hindi direktang paraan. Tarot cards", she said. What was her name again?

Cookie? I guess that's it.

"So be it", Mom said. Cookie laid cards infront of her and began murmuring words that only she can understand. She rolled her eyeballs in a weird manner and I thought she was having some attacks but she wasn't. Mukhang bahagi iyon ng rituals niya. Bumunot siya ng isang baraha at inilapag iyon sa harap ni Mommy.

"Deception."

Napatayo ako at masinsinang tumingin kay Cookie. Deception?

"Nabubuhay ka sa kasinungalingan", wika nito at bahagyang napaisip si Mommy.

Yes Mom, we do.

"Mag-ingat ka sa taong malapit sa iyo. Siya ang kumokontrol sa buhay mo."

"What does that suppose to mean?", Mom asked. Cookie picked another card and laid it front of her.

"Malalaman mo sa nalalapit na panahon. At isang hindi inaasahang pangyayari ang magaganap sa buhay mo", wika ulit nito.

"Can you exactly tell me what will happen?"

Umiling si Cookie. "Hindi ko masasabi pero ang mga naririnig ako ay malakas na tunog ng musika na tila ba mula sa kasiyahan."