Chapter 3 - The Dream

Hey guys I hope you guys enjoy this one, so far of this story me and my friend have been doing, this one is my most favorite! Enjoy!!

~x~

Elaina's Dream..

"Elaina! Elaina!!" A small boy yelled before he started to laugh. This boy had short white hair, blue eyes and a birthmark that resembled a tattoo.

In this dream it was like Elaina was watching a movie, cause the person that responded was Elaina, but younger.

"Lyca!!" Little Elaina squealed as she ran to her friend and hugged him tightly. 'Do I know this boy?' Elaina questioned herself as she watched her younger self play with this kid named Lyca. She studied the area this dream was in. It surprised her that it looked like she was in a different time era, one that isn't like her era with roads, buildings, cars, technology. Observing the two kids in front of her, Elaina feels like she should really know this boy but can't put her finger on it.

"Come let's go play!" The two kids giggled as they ran off into the woods to play their childish games.

Elaina watched as her younger self played with Lyca. She noticed how close they were whenever they teased one another and had fun. She felt like she would never forget someone like that and wonders why she did.

"Lyca?" Asked the younger Elaina.

"Yeah?"

"Do you promise that we will always be friends..?" She asked in her shy voice. Lyca turned to her and hugged her.

"I promise, Elaina." Now Elaina was convinced that she wouldn't forget someone like that, yet she did. Normally she could control her dreams, but she couldn't with this one which tells her this is a memory.

"Lyca!!!" A man yells.

"Uh oh..that's my uncle calling me.." Lyca groans sadly. "I gotta go home now.."

"Do you really have to?" Younger Elaina plead. Lyca only nods as he leads them both out of the woods. Elaina saw his uncle at the door of their home. He didn't look happy as he stared at younger Elaina with disgust, which made Elaina curious on why he didn't like her younger self. She also noticed that there was an even younger boy next to his uncle so she assumed that Lyca had a brother. His uncle huffed as he lead the boys inside their home.

Time passes and now they were a few years older. Elaina felt their bond of friendship grow even stronger, almost inseparable. Both Lyca and younger Elaina were roughly 11 or 12.

As they sat on a fallen tree at night, staring at the stars it was then that Elaina knew something was wrong with Lyca.

"I'm moving away...far away..." Whispered Lyca. Both Elaina and her younger self were shocked.

"W-what? Why?!" Asked younger Elaina as she instantly had tears in her eyes. He only shrugs.

"I don't know, my uncle won't tell me why so after this... Ill have to say goodbye.." Younger Elaina started to cry, she didn't want to lose her only friend. Seeing this made Elaina herself shed a few tears. Lyca tried his best to comfort younger Elaina til she looked at him.

"R-remember when we promised that we would always be friends..?" Lyca nods. "I want to make another promise...promise that you will come back for me? I can't lose you.." Elaina covered her mouth as she witnessed this. It almost broke her heart. Lyca stayed silent before leaning in and placing a small kiss on younger Elaina's cheek.

"I promise, nothing will keep us apart forever, just wait for me...I will come back for you." Lyca then brought younger Elaina close and hugged her tightly. He held her there, not wanting to let go but knew that this was goodbye. Seeing this brought memories of Xavier back which made Elaina's stomach turn. Eventually Lyca let her go, told younger Elaina goodbye, and started to leave.

As he did this Elaina was beginning to wake up so she started to run even though she went no where.

"Lyca! Lyca!!" Elaina screamed. "Don't forget me! Don't forget! You promised!!" She reached out for him as he stopped and slowly turned around and stared at directly at Elaina with a shocked look on his face. "You promised!!!" Elaina screamed at the top of her lungs as everything faded to black. Even though it was a memory, she hoped he hasn't forgotten her, like she did.

Elaina jolted awake from her dream and quickly got up. She looked around and was in front of her tent.

"What the..?" She cursed. She couldn't remember what happened in her dream, but she felt like she could, like their was a bigger void that was worse than her losing Xavier. Elaina sighed and crawled into her tent and started to write everything that has happened to her and how she felt in her journal, so she would never forget.

~x~

So what did you guys think? Still a little bit shorter than I normally write my chapters but oh well, I hope you guys enjoyed.

Why cant she remember her long lost friend? Why did it seem like her dream took place in a different era than her own? You'll have to keep reading to find out muhahahaha xD