TIW 8

Chapter8: The Curse is Working!

"True love's kiss will break any curse." - Walt Disney

Radley POV
Before we go to the exhibit hall, we went to Optometric Clinic first and left Ecai there for her eyeglasses. Arthur will shoulder the expenses.

I was quiet as I am thinking about the love spell! Jeez! I don't believe in fairy tales! I don't believe in potion! I was just teasing Ecai about it!

But I am in the Philippines right now! Some Filipino friends says that potion was true as well as witches! Even dwarfs, monster, etc. And Ecai looked-like a real witch! Her words seems so real as well.

What if I will really fall for her? Gosh! Since last night, she was in my dream already and true that I almost kiss her! She didn't even utters that curse yet!

"Hey, lil bro, what are you thinking?" Kuya Arthur asked when we got out of the elevator and walking to the exhibit hall.

"Huh? Ah, nothing!" Should I admit that I'm affected to Ecai's love spell?

"If your thinking about the curse! It's not true. Ecai was just kidding you! Come on, we're here!" We went inside the tinted glass door. It's a big room.

My brother's canvasses are already arranged. Just a little light effect needed and some decoration in the stage probably. There is  a man working inside already.

"Bro, he's Jake, my apprentice! Jake, my brother, Radley!" We shook hands as Kuya Arthur introduced us!

Jake was setting up some lights to the stage and sound system, so I helped him. Kuya Arthur was setting the cocktail tables and putting the white linen table cloth on them!

"Why didn't you hire an event organizer?" I asked my brother. He don't need to do all of these things themselves!

"I did - but they got an emergency for a very last minute so they can not finish!" Kuya Arthur replied with disappointment.

We we're probably there for an hour already when Ecai shown up at the door.

"Hi, boys! How can I help you?" She asked energetically! She scrutinized the room as if she is a professional. "Ohh. . . the ambiance was not very welcoming! Your canvasses are not in the proper places. The lighting should have a dramatic effects to emphasize your paintings. But jeez, Arthur! Your arts are so magnificent!"

Kuya Arthur walks toward Ecai and I frowned for her arrogance. What did she knew about arts exhibit. . . the lighting effect. . . and the ambiance?

What an arrogant witch, she is?!

"So, any suggestion, Ecai?" Arthur asked her. She smirked as she is still looking around and as if she is planning something in her mind already!

"Leave it to me!" She said confidently!

"E-ericka, is that you?" Jake just came out of the back stage and looking directly to Ecai.  She was also startled seeing him.

You can sense the hesitation in her gesture. She don't know if she is going to turn around or what!

"Sorry. I don't know you! You're mistaken, mister!" Ecai finally said to Jake who was standing in front of her already.

Jake laughed! "It is really you, Ericka! You're the only beautiful witch with that kind of m--!" Ecai hit Jake on his tummy, so he can not finish what he about to say.

"And you are the old Jake! Who keeps bullying me?" She frowned but Jake laughed again. Oh, so they knew each other and he was the Jake that she cursed before?