Chapter Nine-What have I done?

Hi all! Another chapter is finally up. Woot, woot!  Hope you enjoy it. :)

I stared at Astra and her group in disbelief

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I stared at Astra and her group in disbelief. They knew more about me than I did. "You know she's in the Keep?"

Astra nodded and motioned for me to sit at the table. "Yes, we know." She glanced to over to a woman with yellow hair. "Josie, would mind?" she said holding her hand out to Josie.

The woman stacked the papers against the table then passed them to Astra. "I just finished with them. The agendas are on top for you."

Astra smiled and nodded. "Yes, I see. Thank you, Josie."

Sage walked over to stand next to me and rubbed her hands on the back of the chair. "So—if you guys are so amazing and know where Celeste is, then why haven't you gotten her out of the dungeon?" she questioned.

"There aren't any portals inside the Keep," Josie replied. "The Fire Throne's First is cautious of using the abilities of Travelers inside the Keep."

Rygar turned from Josie, folded his arms over the back of the chair and said, "As you can imagine, the Fire Circle hasn't been very welcoming to Travelers since you disappeared. None of us have been able to get near the place, let alone build a gate."

"Oh—" I said, collapsing into the chair. I rubbed my hands over the smooth wooden table top, feeling despair sink into my thoughts. "That is a problem."

Vega sat in the chair opposite me and placed her hand over mine like she sensed my dismay. "We can't but you can."

"Me?" Now, I know they are crazy. "I don't know how to do that," I said in a very matter of fact tone. "I may have transported my friends and me here, but I'm not exactly sure how I did it."

"That's the least of your problems. Even if you could get in, that place has guards everywhere. I'm pretty sure they'll recognize you," Sage said, pulling out the chair next to me.

A long silence filled the room. As Astra approached us, I couldn't help thinking she looked like a school librarian with her chestnut hair knotted on top of her head. "Nothing Vega can't teach Wren to overcome," Astra said assuring us. Then she rested her hand on top of a short bookshelf and gave Vega a small nod.

Confused I scanned Vega's face for clarity. The corners of her mouth turned up, and she intertwined her fingers with mine. I felt a tug inside me, and the weight of my body lifted from me.

"Holy crap!" Sage jumped pushing her chair backward making such a noise she drew the attention of everyone. Her pale blue eyes pierced through me as her hands grasped the armrests of the chair, so tight her fingers blanched white. She looked like she'd seen a—

I cut my thought short and looked down at my hand on the armrest. It was transparent. I flipped it over and pulled it up in front of my face for closer inspection. White wisps of my outline floated in front of me. There, but not there. Curious, I held out a finger and ran it along the top of the table. I watched my finger disappear and sink deep into the wood.