| Chapter IV || "How Do You Think Arty Felt?" |

*Eight Years Later*

*December 21 XXXX*

*Percy's Point of View*

***

Whoosh!

Another arrow hit the target.

"It's a little off. Try adjusting to adapt to the wind," Arty said. She was standing to my far right, next to a large wind machine.

"Okay," I called. I adjusted my stance and paused, letting the wind rush past me. Closing my eyes for a split second to enhance my focus, I pulled the string back, feeling the tension growing.

Suddenly, the clock rang and I stopped mid-shoot. Releasing the tension in my bow slowly, I plucked the arrow loose and tossed it back in my quiver. Arty gave me a nod before leaving the room.

If you haven't already guessed, Arty is my nickname for Artemis. I am the only one who is allowed to call her that. Not even Big-A, or Apollo, is allowed to call her that, even though he still does.

I put my bow and quiver down, running to my bedroom to get ready for the big meeting. First, I took a quick shower to wash off the sweat and grime from my most recent training session.

After willing myself dry, I changed into my outfit for the meeting. It was casual wear, nothing fancy-just a pair of jeans and a blue polo shirt. I was actually supposed to be a suit, but I absolutely refused. I'd argued with Uncle Z-Zeus-for a whole hour before he finally relented and I was victorious.

Lastly, I put my small crown on my head. The crown was made of silver with ocean blue diamonds in it. Dad had gotten Hephaestus make it for me because I'm the "Prince of the Sea". I hate it, even though it looks cool. It's because when I wear it, it makes everyone think I'm like...super important, and they even bow to me when I walk passed them. I really don't like attention. I'd rather stay in the back of the room. Sometimes people even say that I seem like a son of Uncle H-Hades, rather than Poseidon.

Once I was dressed, I left my room, which was in Dad's temple. Turning my attention to the throne room, I began the long walk up the winding pathway, wishing above anything that I could just teleport like Arty or the other gods.

On my way there, every minor god, nymph, and satyr in the streets bowed to me in greeting. I smiled and waved to them all as I passed.

I was just about to enter the throne room when someone said, "Who are you?"

I froze as I heard the voice. It was unfamiliar. They definitely weren't from Olympus, since everyone here knew who I was. As I turned, I saw a girl about my age. She had blond princess curls and stormy gray eyes. I had to admit, she was pretty, but I could tell that she was a daughter of my cousin, Owl Head, or Lady Athena.

She didn't really like my nickname for her, but still laughed every time I used it. Even though she was Dad's rival-and has been for a long time-she liked me, just like every other god. I must have spaced out for a while because the girl snapped in front of my face. I looked behind her to see a group of kids as well as a centaur.

I turned back to the girl as she repeated her question, "Who are you? I've never seen you before."

I just chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She snapped.

"The amusing fact that you have no clue who I am. Then again, you aren't from Olympus, are you, daughter of Athena?" I replied.