Chapter 2

That dream happened five years ago, I don't understand why my brain can't process that. That dream is always so vivid, because I remember those event so well. I groaned in frustration as I slowly lifted myself off the floor, my hand accidently staying on my long hair and it tugged me down once again. You're kidding me right, I grumbled in frustration and got off the floor to walk into the restroom to begin my usual morning routine.

I looked in the mirror, my thoughts still on the dream.

During that time that feeling I had was correct, things were going to change. That very next month Soul ended leaving me, Kid had send him on a yearlong mission but one year turned into two and two turned into five. Five years without seeing or being able to talk to Soul, without being able to talk to one of my best friends. Black star and Tsubaki was next, a month and a half after Soul left Black star decided to start training his ninja skills, so he left with Tsubaki. We didn't know how long it would last, but we knew that it would be quite a while. During this time, it was getting hard to see Kid, he was getting swamped with his new responsibilities, and he refused to work without Liz and Patty there with him because he wanted working to be symmetrical. So hanging out with them became very limited, and soon became to not hanging out with them at all.

I sighed, I really could have really used them these last five years. I began to brush my teeth as I thought about how their physical appearance could have changed because mines did. I grew taller a good 5'6, I let my hair grow longer that it reached my butt, I did that because it reminded me of my mama, who had sadly passed away. My small chest grew as well, it now stood a rounded c-cup, almost a D. I honestly didn't care about my looks though, but I did that normal girl thing and did put on a little makeup. Eyeshadow, mascara, and the occasional lip gloss and eyeliner, but today was a lazy day so it was just eyeshadow and mascara.

My style changed a bit as well, I slipped on black ripped skinny jeans that hugged my bottom quite nicely and a chain. I wore a white undershirt and over it was a black shirt that read Fall out Boys is big red letters with their symbol, it hugged my chest and had a ripped design in the back, my hair was worn down. I would only wear my usual cloak and skirt for mission and no pig tails, I would put it up in a high pony tail. I glanced at the clock 7:55...

.

.

Oh

.

.

OH SHIT IM LATE!

The Time Blair isn't here to give me a ride! This is just a great morning!

I grabbed my roller skates, and my big headphones that had two big skulls on the side, my keys and my school bag.

I raced to school as fast as I could, the music that pounded in my ear drums was silenced by my thoughts on the dream still. I wonder how old they are...let's see... I'm currently 20

Then Black star would be 21

Tsubaki would be 22...23?

Kid would be 21 as well.

Patty would be 22 Liz would be 23 I think

And soul would be 22 or so.

Jeez how time fly's.

My school was close now, I am currently a student at one of the most prestigious university's in Nevada. Death University, and guess what. I'm currently a senior, you may ask how a 20-year-old is a senior at a 8 year university. Well one simple word. Study. I graduated Early at the DWMA, and dove right in to college. I mean what was the point of staying if I couldn't graduate with my best friends.

As I skated I received angry glares, whistles, and awed stares. Up ahead I saw Tsugumi Harudori, my once soul mate, missing her two misters.

"Hey there freshmen" I said as I circled around her. She pouted, "Hey not everyone can be a twenty-year-old senior, you book worm" I laughed "I know only I can" She smiled. "Where is Anya and Meme?" I asked she frowned "Fighting... again"

We began a small conversation as we parted ways, class went by fast.

I skated slowly as I thought about what else was supposed to happen today. I keep having this feeling something is supposed to happen. Work maybe...No its my day off. A mission? Ha I haven't been on one in a long time. Babysitting? YES! I'm supposed to baby sit Steins and Marie son. I raced towards there house and knocked on the door. "Hey Maka" Marie said as she opened the door and I saw her rounded stomach. "Hi Marie, I'm so sorry I'm late" as I bowed to apologize. "It's okay, James is already asleep and feed." She smiled sweetly. Then Stein came to the door turning his screw. "Hello Maka" He greeted " Professor Stein." I chirped.

"Well where going to get going, thank you so much Maka for doing this again."

"Anytime, Have fun at the doctors"

"It's the doctors... I always have fun." My face fell as Marie sighted putting her hand over her belly. "Bye" Then they departed.

"Makwaaa." I looked down to see a small four-year-old with blond hair hugging my leg. "James!" I smiled. "I Mwiissed yew" He said looking up to show his gray eyes. I picked him up "I missed you too, now let's go read a book. "he smiled.

I left after it turned seven, and went home. I was exhausted, "I need a strong drink." I stopped in my tracks. I slammed my keys and phone down " I'm So fucken stupid." My hand ran through my hair. I started to change take my shirt off as I walked past Souls room, I kept it clean all these years because it became habit. Shower I need a shower, the feeling of being dirty overcame me. I went back into the front room to grab my phone to blast music while taking a shower, I slid opened my phone.

10 missed calls, 8 opened voice mails, and 19 unopened text messages, the first one was from five thirty and the last one was sent ten minutes ago. What the hell? All of them where from Liz, Kid and Patty all consisting of the same thing, they all said to come to the death room. Before I knew it I darted out of my apartment a black sweater was over me and it had one single yellow strip going across the chest. My hair flowed in the wind, as my thoughts swarmed about that nagging feeling being right, I was going to see three of my best friends.... I slowed my run.... Are they even my friends?

Even still, I have to hurry Kid is in charge and I have to listen to him. I began to run to him again. The began to run up the stairs.. The very... very... long staircase... weren't these shorter... I remember them being shorter.*gasp* *gasp* "HA I-I "*GASP* "I FINALLY DID IT." I fist pumped the air, "New personal record!" I clasped on the floor for breath. " O-oh dear death, I need to go back to the gym."