RED 13: Absorbing Man

Chapter 13: Absorbing Man

The coldness of the room that coming from the artificial air was embraced my body under my pokemon blanket and awaken my mind. Who the hell turned it on? They were not thinking of the possibilities I am gonna die.

I slowly moved my body to the other side without opening my eyes. Gosh! I didn't help but to bit my lower lip intensely when I felt the pain from my back. Good to feel it was now lighter and bearable compare the night that the assassin almost killed me by her samurai.

"She can finally move her body now pagkatapos ng isang linggong pagkakatulog. Her temperature and pulses were back to normal. It means tinanggap ng katawan niya ang cerum antidote." Narinig kong wika ng boses babae.

Her lovely voice was quite familiar but I don't remember who owned it. So, I wasn't alone in this room? Ugh! Wait a minute, what did she just say? I've been sleeping for a week? Ganoon kahaba ang tulog ko? And I was sick, too? Gosh, it was unbelievable 'cause I've never got sick even once. I am not weak and fragile. And what the hell was a cerum antidote? It was quite familiar, too.

"Just give her more time to rest." dugtong niya. Gusto kong magdilat ng mga mata pero nararamdaman ko pa rin ang sakit dulot ng nangyari sa akin.

"Good to hear that. Thanks, Venus." nahimigan ko sa boses ni Zaldie ang sobrang pag-aalala. I heard his deep sighed and gasped. Lucky to me that he has still heart to worry about my condition.

Venus English was a family doctor. She could be here if there had something critical or fifty-fifty percent patient surviving from death. Am I that vulnerable to be needed her service?

"Red is a strong girl. Kung hindi matibay ang katawan niya hindi niya malalabanan ang evergreen poison." her brilliant definition of me is highly appreciated.

"Yeah...yeah I know she could but it would never change how stupid she was for doing her stupidest stunt!" Whoa! That old man always got me sick to his words. Magpasalamat na lang kaya siya dahil buhay pa ako.

Ang dami pa nilang pinag-usapan at naririndi na ako kung kaya pinilit kong imulat ang mga mata ko. I saw two figures standing right beside of my bed still busy talking to each other. Bahagyang nakatalikod sa direksiyon ko si Zaldie, habang si Venus ay nakaharap sa kanya na agad akong napansin. Hindi maipagkakaila ang kagalakan sa maganda niyang mukha. She was indeed beautiful on her doctor suit. Lumingon sa akin si Zaldie and confirmed he looked so worried. His hair was messy, his face so pale and oh! He was just wearing plain white T-shirt and black jogging pants.

"Red. I am glad to see you finally awake." wika ni Venus. Lumapit siya sa akin para sipatin ang noo at leeg ko. "Normal temperature. How are you feeling, Miss Red?" nakangiti niyang tanong.

"You really want to know the truth? Ugh, I am freezing and quite suffocating, can you turn off the aircondition?" daing na utos ko. Si Zaldie ang gumawa niyon. "Why the heck you have to do that in the middle of my beautiful sleep?" I asked slightly sardonic.

"You and Violet were so sick for three days that reached up to 48-49 degree Celcius. We decided not bring both of you in the hospital because the Umbrella assassins were still chasing us. So we put your bodies in the laboratory to observe your conditions. We were in the state of panic how to save two of you from being poisoned and drugged because some of the guests who were infected by the Evergreen didn't survive from it. Violet was almost captured one of the dark shadows but she received two gun shots from Umbrella's snipers. We have thought she couldn't survive but we got hurried to make her the first human tester of Cerum antidote and her body was cooperated with it. We did the same way to you and to our men who have been shots and cuts ngunit sa kasawiang palad ay ikaw lang ang nakaligtas sa kanila."  mahabang pahayag ni Zaldie. This must be one of the reasons why he looked so frustrated and sad. He was mourning for his people again.