Chapter 26: Special to Me

"They've got Caroline" I yelled breaking a table in half. "What the hell is Klaus doing?" I said pacing in anger. "I'll call him, he'll get them to stop, or I'll make him"

"No" Elena said quickly. "I'll call Tyler, Klaus loves you and maybe he doesn't mind Caroline but he won't try as hard as Tyler will"

"I hate that you're right" I grumbled putting my phone away.

"What are we gonna—" Bonnie dropped but I got to her before she fell down.

"I guess this magic of yours takes a toll on you" I told her as I carried her to the couch. "Elena you and Tyler go save Caroline, I'll stick with Bonnie" Elena hesitated before leaving me to take care of Bonnie.

"I told you this magic wasn't to be messed around with" I said dabbing her forehead with a cold cloth.

"It's only because I'm just starting out." Bonnie said faintly. "You remember what it was like when you first started magic."

"I don't actually." I told her truthfully. "I've got no memories from before I met the Mikaelsons"

"Oh" she said awkwardly. "So uh, you talked to Jeremy lately?"

"Not since I broke his nose" I said.

"On a scale of 1-10 how much of a dick was he being?" She said laughing.

"Like an 8" I giggled. "I wish I could see him, I bet he looks so cute with a bandaged nose"

"Why not go see him? It's not like he can kill you" she said gaining some of her strength.

"Honestly, I feel like I'm clinging onto an imaginary hope. I'm over 1000 years old and I'll never grow up but he will. And even it's not today or tomorrow or even in the next decade, we'll break up. I just feel like I'm putting off the inevitable and if I see him and he tries to kill me, I'm scared that'll be the end. And part of me wants it to be but part of me also wants it to last as long as possible" I said smiling sadly. "Sorry, I shouldn't be talking about your ex"

"No it's fine" she said sitting up, having fully recovered. "You're my friend, we get to talk about this stuff, and find solutions. So while I can't help about your Peter Pan problem, I can help by trying to stop him from killing you."

"And how will you do that?" I asked sceptically.

"Shane and I have been working on more magic stuff. I'm sure we can swing this" she said shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know; this magic is damaging you Bonnie" I said remaining unconvinced.

"It's non-negotiable. But just try not to hurt him" she said looking down at her feet.

"You still love him don't you?"

"I don't know. But things ended so abruptly, I never got the chance to get over him." She said sadly.

"Your 'epic love'" I said nodding my head in agreement. "This will sound very strange coming from his girlfriend but I know that if you and Jeremy are meant to be then you will be. I know Jeremy and I have an expiration date and I don't know if you're the one for him, but I know I'm not."

As I finished talking Elena and Caroline walked into the room hugging one another tightly.

"I see those two have made up" I said smiling at the pair.

"Thank God" Bonnie said smiling also.

"Well she saved my life, even though I was being Judgey Mcjudgerson" she said squeezing Elena tighter.

"How you doing Bonnie?" Elena said rubbing her friends shoulder.

"Don't worry I'm fine, Shane's magic is working" Bonnie said beaming back at the two.