Selfish.

Next Morning

Cookie POV

I opened my eyes and glared at the ceiling in sadness. I wasn't in the mood for lucious annoying antics of attempting to convince me to be with him again. I don't see the point if it was his choice to end it. I slowly trudged out of my queen sized bed and took myself into the shower. Lucious has another thing coming if he thinks that him trying to flirt and get into my head is going to make me go running back to him. Speaking of which, I can't believe that he had so easily manipulated me that way. He just tool over my head in an instant..and the vision of us doing it on the table of chemistry class wouldn't erase. I can't let him back in, who knows, he might just hurt my heart again. Jodi informed me that vampires are the number one heartbreakers, I'm sure lucious has had more than 100 girlfriends. i got dressed and I put my hair in a bun. Today was just going to be an average day, I won't be giving him the chance to talk to me. "Yep, that's right. I'm a free woman now. I'm never going to speak to that low down, two-timing dog again." I said sure of myself...

3rd Person POV

Lucious and his arranged fiancé, anika, in his mother and fathers study. Their mansion was not completely the way it would have been back in Transylvania. In order to not raise suspicion, they had to make it look as if it was human based- during the day, that it. At night, his mother and father would transform it back to the original state. He and his fiancè watched from the couch, having their eyes fixed on his parents as they talked about the organization of the marriage. "You will drink one another's blood in commitment, we will have the marriage at your fathers chapel, you shall bare the ring of prophecy of an everlasting marriage, and to finish the ceremony, you will both kill a mortal." said his mother. Lucious ears perked up in alarm. He arose from his seat in shock. "Kill a mortal? Mother please, I do not want this- "sit, lucious. Do not fight me on this." said his mother. "Mother, I need a moment alone. Please." he said walking out. As he walked to the exiting double door of the study room, his mother used her powers, closing it shut right in front of him. "You will not be leaving this room." said his mother irritably. Lucious turned to look at her and his father let out a breath after looking into his eyes for a moment, and opened the doors using his powers. "Luciana let him leave. Give him a moment to think, darling." he said to her. "Go, son." said luxis to his son. "Thank you father." he said walking out of the room. He made his way to a selection of steps leading up to an upper floor, and sat down on one. He rubbed his face with his hands and ran his fingers through his hair. He let out a frustrated breath as the thoughts of cookie started to roam throughout his mind. He felt as if she was the one pulling him in, even if she didn't want to talk to him at the moment. He then remembered a souvenir that he had taken from her room for himself. He reached into his suit jacket pocket and pulled out a small photo of cookie from when she was a baby. He didn't appreciate the idea of stealing from her, but it was something he couldn't resist. He looked at the picture and traced his finger around the edge of it, appreciating how she kept it intact after the years of aging it's been through.