53 | half

Days before my debut, I kept seeing him. Ang sarap sa feeling na makasama siya, knowing that we were already official.

I admit, mayroong mga araw na iniisip kong baka hindi totoo, baka joke time lang at nananaginip ako. But whenever he'd call me, I'd suddenly wake up and realize na hoshet, he's really mine.

Best gift ever.

We were cuddling on his sofa, katatapos lang manood ng movie at kainin yung burger na binili niya pa sa Alabang Town Center.

"My birthday's coming soon. Ang toxic na ni Mom."

The corner of his lips twitched. "You'll be eighteen."

"Yeah."

He nuzzled my hair. "I won't be able to dance you."

"We can dance now."

He chuckled at the idea.

"Who's your escort?"

I pushed him away slightly to get a better view of his face. "Why are you asking?"

"I need to know if I should be jealous. I need to know who my rivals are."

I laughed incredulously. "Don't be silly. Wala naman silang laban sa 'yo. At isa pa, baka sina Kuya lang din naman."

"May laban sa 'kin ang kuya mo."

"That's fucking crazy though."

"Language, baby," he feigned in a stern voice before he chuckled. "I'm jealous of every other guy around you."

"Clingy nito."

"Sorry, baby. I just wanna be around you, that's all," sabi niya, pulling me closer to his chest.

"I know..." I hummed thoughtfully. "I was thinking... I might tell my brothers then. At least, that's my plan."

He played with my hair, saying, "We can buy our time. We don't need to tell them if you're not ready yet. But if you want, I can tell them myself. Though I'm just throwing the suggestion out there to let you know how serious I am-not that I'm pressuring you into doing anything."

I kissed his hand. He laced his fingers through mine.

"I'll do it na lang muna. Para just in case magagalit siya, he won't be punching it out."

"I already expect it though. I know he'll be upset," natatawa niyang sagot.

"Kaya nga. Baka lumala lang."

"Hm. You have a point."

I released a sigh. "I want you to be there but I can't. You should be my first dance."

He eyed me warily. "Who's the last then?"

"The eighteenth dance is for my dad, syempre!"

"Si Dad pala." He chuckled again, his chest vibrating. "Then I want to be your seventeen dances. Am I being too greedy?"

"Grabe! Give chance to others. I have other boys in my life, too."

"I know. Ang dami kong kaagaw sa oras mo."

Ngumuso ulit ako. "Can I be jealous with you too, then? Ang dami mo kayang fans."

His smile broadened and his eyes twinkled with content.

"Maybe it's for the best that I don't go to your debut."

I raised my brows in query.

"What's gonna stop me from announcing you to the world then? I might bring you to the nearest altar, too. I can marry you right here, right now." He leaned forward, whispering, "Make you mine for real. Make you my Gutierez. Make you feel the things you make me feel."