Chapter 34 : Jeff's freakout

A/N : Haha... Procrastinating so hard right now... Also, in the chapters to come, I may or may not break your hearts into tiny pieces... You have been warned...

Chapter 34

Later...

Riker POV

Jeff hadn't come down for dinner. Rydel went to try to go get him, but apparently he didn't feel good. After dinner, I sat in the living room, not really wanting to go upstairs, since that's where Jeff was.

Everyone seemed to be busy tonight. Mom went to the store. Dad, Rocky, and Ross were in the garage doing something. Rydel was helping Ryland study.

So I was alone. I was just doing random things on my phone. 

And then I heard quiet footsteps coming down the stairs. Jeff came into the living room, and he was crying. He sat down next to me, curling up.

"R-Riker."

"What?"

"R-remember w-when you s-said if s-someone t-threatens me n-not to t-tell, I c-could t-tell you anyways?" He asked, shaking harder.

"Yes...?"

He broke into more tears. But his crying turned into hyperventilating. 

"Jeff, are you ok?"

"I c-can't b-breathe!"

"Are you having a panic attack!?"

He nodded, immediately crawling into my arms. This is what we'd do if he had a panic attack. He felt safe in my arms, so he would just stay there until it was over.

I held him to me tightly. 

After a few minutes, he fell back into crying again.

"Jeff, can you tell me what's wrong? Who threatened you?"

"S-Sophia!"

"Sophia? Did she hurt you?"

"Y-yes."

I picked him up in my arms, and carried him upstairs to the bathroom. I set him down on the sink counter.

"Where did she hurt you?"

"O-on my b-back."

I pulled his shirt off. Sure enough, there were bruises forming.

"R-Riker, I w-want to c-cut."

"You want to cut? Jeff, you can't do that."

"B-but I w-want t-to!"

"No, you can't."

I picked him up, and carried him back to our room. I put him down in my old bed.

"When mom gets home, I'm going to tell her what happened, and she can call the school, ok? Sophia will get in trouble, and you won't have to worry anymore."

"M-my b-back hurts, R-Riker."

"I know. I can get some ice if you want."

He nodded.

"Alright. Stay right there, and don't you dare even think about cutting!"

I literally ran down the stairs, got the ice, and ran back up. Jeff turned onto his stomach so I could put the ice on his back.

"R-Riker."

"What?"

"W-why w-were you m-mad at m-me?"

I sighed. I knew this was coming, sooner or later.

"I was being stupid, Jeff. I was just jealous, ok?"