Chapter 48 - "For you, anything."

A muffled rustling noise broke through Lennon's sleep. No matter how far she buried herself beneath the blanket, it seemed reality was determined to intrude on her dreams. Her eyes opened to find a half lit room and darkness beyond the large windows she faced.

She pushed herself up as something clattered to the ground behind her. She whipped her head around and Kade appeared behind the kitchen island, a plastic bowl in his hand.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?" he asked.

Lennon shook her head as he walked towards the couch.

"How are you doing?" he asked, as he sat.

His eyes searched her face for the answer.

"Ok, I guess."

They fell into silence as she looked around.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"Orange County," Kade said. "The house belongs to a music producer I know. He let me hide out here when everything exploded a few years back."

Lennon nodded.

"It's nice," she said, looking around distractedly.

Lennon turned back to Kade.

"He's a good guy," Kade said. "He quickly offered it again when I called him today."

They settled into a heavy silence. It seemed they both didn't know how to proceed.

"Your phone," he said, breaking the silence after a minute or two.

Lennon gave him a questioning look.

"Your phone kept ringing. I finally checked it," he said.

He paused for a moment.

"It was Charlotte so I answered it."

Lennon realized she had been so caught up in her own panic she had forgotten Charlotte and Deacon.

"She wanted to know how you were," Kade continued. "I told her you were somewhere safe, away from the paparazzi, and that you would call her when you could."

"Where's my phone?" Lennon asked.

"It's here," Kade said, pulling it from his pocket. "I'll give you some space."

"Thanks," Lennon said, as he left the room.

The phone only rang once before Charlotte picked up.

"Lennon?" she answered, concern clear in her voice.

"It's me," Lennon said.

"Thank god!" Charlotte said. "Baby girl, we have been so worried. Are you alright?"

"I'm doing alright, considering," she said.

"We've been so worried about you. Kade said you were able to get out of the city."

"Yeah, we are staying at his friends house. No one knows we are here."

"Good."

"How about you guys? Are you alright?"

"We are fine," Charlotte said. "Jordan called to give us a heads up. As a precaution, we're staying with some friends."

"Charlotte, I'm so sorry," Lennon said.

"Don't be," Charlotte said.

"But it's my fault it got out. If I'd never..."

"Don't start talking that way," Charlotte said. "This isn't your fault. This is going to be harder for you then it will be for us."