Dirk, the Little Shit i/f

Dean's walking to his next class when someone grabs his arm, stopping him. He glares at the hand holding him back. He looks up to see that it's a teacher. "Dean Winchester?" she asks.

She lets go of his arm and moves to stand in front of him. "Yeah," he says slowly.

"Your brother was asking for you. He's in the office; he was in a fight." Her face is not unsympathetic.

"Is he hurt?" She nods. That's all the information Dean needs. He rushes to the office, not even apologizing to the people he runs into. When he reaches the office, his eyes immediately land on his brother. Sam is sitting in a chair. One of his pant legs is pulled up and he's got his leg bent so his knee is against his chest. His ankle in red and swollen. His head is down, his chin against his chest.

"Sammy." Dean walks toward him quickly.

"It's Sam," he mutters.

Dean crouches in front of him. Sam lifts his head, and when Dean sees the deep bruise surrounding his brother's left eye, his anger intensifies. "Who did this?" Dean raises his voice. Sam just looks at him tiredly. Knowing he won't get a straight answer out of him, Dean goes over to the secretary in a separate room. "Who did this to my little brother?" he growls. The secretary jumps at his tone.

"Mr. Winchester, we need to wait for your dad, but he didn't answer the phone. He's the one who –"

Their dad was on a hunt at the moment and Dean knew it could be awhile before his dad could even get there. He puts his hands on the desk and leans forward. What he says next isn't totally a lie to be fair. "My dad's on a job right now; I don't know how long it'll take him to get back to you. I'm takin' care of Sam for now, so you better tell me what the hell happened."

The secretary is flustered; students never talk to her like that. "Alright. From what I know, Dirk McGregor provoked your brother. Sam hit him first, and then a fight broke out. Dirk came in with a bloody nose. I heard that he pushed Sam down and his ankle hit the curb."

Dean holds his tongue; it wouldn't be a good idea to say aloud what he was thinking. After a minute, he speaks in a carefully controlled tone. "I'm taking my brother to the hospital."

"You have to speak to he principal first."

Dean laughs harshly. Dean closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Fine," he says through clenched teeth.

He walks back into the other room where Sam is and starts pacing. "I'm gonna kill him," Dean mutters to himself. He looks at Sam, but keeps pacing. "What'd he say to you?"

Sam shrugs lightly. "He was taunting my friend Barry. I stepped in."

"What happened?" Dean questions.

Sam starts ticking things off on his fingers. "Kneed him in the balls first. When he was bent over, I punched him in the gut a few times. When he straightened up, I punched him and his nose started bleeding."

"Good. Good job. Do you think you broke his nose?"

"Maybe."

"I hope you did. The little shit," Dean says to himself.

Sam rolls his eyes. "Then he punched me, and pushed me down."

"Think your ankle's broken?" Dean jerks his head toward the ankle.

"Almost certain."

"Don't worry; I'll take you to the hospital as soon as we get out of here." Dean thinks about how they'll get there. The bus will take too long and it's a long walk to the bus stop. A taxi costs too much money and that'd take a while to get here. "I'll have to get Amanda to drive us there." Amanda is his "girlfriend."