Chapter 10

"I'll be right back, let me change." She says as she runs up the stairs. I like her this way though. She's flawless in anything so why should she change? Well before I can respond, she's already half way up the stairs. I decide to sit down on her couch. I try to take in my surroundings before she comes back down but with girls, I figured I have about 15 minutes to look around.

I look on a little end table that's next to the beige couch. I can see a picture that looks like it's from Niagara Falls. I see E next to a woman, who I assume is her mother. I look on a book case and see that 'Romeo And Juliet' has a purple bookmark in it. I open the book to the bookmark which it marks. Who actually still reads this?

"Hey. You like books?" I hear Es voice boom behind me. I hadn't noticed that I began reading it for the time thy she has been changing.

"Hey, sorry." I set the book back on the shelf and try to cover up my love for reading. "Nah, it's fine. I don't really read but I've heard about this one." She takes the book into her hands and my stomach begins to ache. "I loved this part." She takes out her book mark and points to a paragraph, but I can't decipher the meaning of the old English.

She walks over to the couch, book in hand, and takes a seat. I feel awkward because I'm not sure what to do. She throws her head back in laughter and I just smile. "Come sit by me!" I literally feel a jolt of electricity and I run as fast as I can to meet her.

"So I was thinking.." She puts the book down on the table next to the picture I observed earlier and pulls her knees to her chest. I don't know what she's thinking but I'm curious to know what she thinks when she sees me for some reason. "It means a lot that you drove out to see me.." I wasn't expecting this, "it's not problem. I'm sorry that he hurt you." I put my hand on her cheek and outline her a bottom lip. When I touch the split part, she winces and I remove me hand. "Sorry, I never want to hurt you." I feel horrible and I just want to hug her.

"No, it's fine." She takes my hand I hers and puts it back on her face. She leans into my hand and I've noticed that we haven't said anything in about 3 minutes. It's not an awkward silence, it's a very good silence that I needed.

"Listen, I just want to keep you safe. I know you've been in some tough situations and it pisses me off that I couldn't help you." I remove my hand and turn to face her. "Harry, don't.." I stop her by pressing my lips to hers.