Chapter 48: Time Flies

Reunion, abstract noun.
Classed as an abstract noun, because theoretically, you can't touch a reunion. But I think a reunion is essentially that. You need to hug and jump up and down and get excited with that other person. That's what makes it a really happy reunion.

Chapter forty eight: Time Flies
Preston and Lachlan picked us up from the airport, and took us back to Preston's apartment complex, where Meah and I had bought an apartment in the same building. Simon and JJ were staying with us for a couple weeks, before flying back to England. I squealed as soon as I saw Preston, and ran up and wrapped my arms around him. He returned the gesture excitedly.
"You're finally here, oh my gosh I'm so excited!"
"I know right!" I exclaimed. "So you remember Meah, right? You guys met when you came to Australia."
"Yeah, I do," he grinned. "It's great to see you again!"
"Excuse me, where's my hug?" Complained Lachlan.
"It's been what, two months?" I grinned.
"Two months too long!" He countered, pulling me in for a hug. JJ and Simon greeted the to boys cheerfully enough, and I was relieved to see all hostilities between my brother and boyfriend were apparently at an end. Simon and Preston also had to have their mandatory love-hate greeting, and Preston, who was vlogging today apparently, took out his camera to capture it all. I took out my own camera, remembering something I'd wanted to stir up the fans about for a long time, and now had the opportunity of doing it.
"Hashtag Minifrags, guys," I said, pointing the camera at the two of them. "They say they hate each other, but it's all a mask for their true feelings. Bring on the fanfictions!"
"Hey! No!" Protested Simon, and Preston started laughing, turning his own camera on me.
"You do realise you'll become the evil ex girlfriend who Simon breaks up with in chapter one, right?" He laughed.
"It's all worth it," I giggled. After a bit more banter, we put the cameras away, and headed outside to find Preston's car, so we could drive to the apartment complex.

"This is amazing!" I said, spinning around in the empty living room of our new apartment.
"Right?" Exclaimed Meah. "It's so surreal, like, I can't believe I'm actually here!"
"We have so much unpacking to do though," I said. "Look at all those boxes."
"Do it tomorrow," said Lachlan. "I'm feeling some pizza right now."
"It's pretty late," agreed JJ. "Don't know about you lot, but I'm dead tired and jet lagged. Let's eat and go to bed."
"Um, what bed?" I giggled. "It's not unpacked yet."
"We can just put the mattresses on the floor for tonight," said Simon.
"So," said Preston, "Returning to the real issue, Pizza, or..."
"Hey! We do have to sleep somewhere, it's more important than your stomach," said Meah, and we laughed at her.
"Yes, Preston, pizza," I giggled.
"Or can we have Chipotle?" He asked, hopefully.
"Pizza," said Lachlan, immediately.
"Yeah, sorry P but I couldn't stomach Chipotle tonight," I smiled at him. "I've literally had it three times in my life before, anyway."
"I've never had it," said Meah. "This is my first time in America."
"You have to try it," smiled JJ. "It's the best. But not tonight."
"Fine," said Preston, dramatically. "I can order pizza for us, just let me know the toppings."
"Thanks Preston!" I grinned.
"Welcome!" He returned.

We all sat around in our bare living room on top of various boxes, eating our pizza, and talking. Lachlan and Meah had a lot to catch up on, as did Preston and I, and Simon and JJ hadn't seen Preston for over a year, although they weren't as close with him as I was. Anyhow, it was nice to just sit and relax for a change, knowing we didn't have to pack up, and rush on to the next destination, as we'd been doing for the past few weeks. I'd really enjoyed our holiday, but I was ready to settle into one place again, and I'd be here in America for six months.
"I'm getting deja vu," Simon said quietly to me, breaking in on my thoughts.
"Why's that?" I smiled, turning to look at him. You could tell he was tired, but his eyes held their usual spark that told me he was happy.
"I remember when you first came to England, and we went and got pizza, and talked for ages."
"Yeah, I remember that too," I nodded. "It's crazy how time flies, hey."
"It's our three months next week, y'know."
"Yeah, I know, it worked out well for us, you'll still be here."
"Let's not talk about me not being here," he sighed.
"I think we're both gonna be so busy these next few months that we won't have too much trouble getting preoccupied," I smiled. "But... I'm still gonna miss you. Bad."
"Yeah, me too," he nodded. "But we'll be okay." He yawned suddenly, and I giggled.
"Do you wanna go to bed?" I asked him. He nodded, so we said goodnight to the others, and went to sleep on the mattress in what was to be my new room. It felt so strange and empty, that first night. But at least I had Simon there with me, so I was far from being lonely.

A/N: THREE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS:

1. I added a scene to chapter forty six, right at the end, so maybe go read that, it's not that long, but it just kinda adds a bit of detail that I'd missed elsewhere.

2. I am publishing two new stories, that I've been writing but never published, it'd be great if you could check them out and see if you like them, I don't plan to update them very often, but I just want people's opinions on them, and if a lot of people like them I might continue. The first one is a Sidemen AU about Simon. The second is a RackaRacka story, I have been unable to find any fanfictions with them in so I thought I'd write one myself :)

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/CytKvl4hjz - Simon/Sidemen AU story

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/PZQieR8hjz - RackaRacka story

3. HAVE A GREAT DAY :) very important, don't forget!