Chapter 21 ~Locked & Loaded~

Becca was breathing quickly as the scenes that happened only a few seconds ago played in her mind like a movie. What was wrong with Singh? He would never want to hurt me or even try to. So what was wrong?

       Becca got up and looked back at the direction Singh went. She remembered that when he was going towards her he stopped and ran away. But she was pulled out of her thoughts when she saw the direction where "Singh" ran off to. It was the direction of where their home was and Bliss was there.

           She gasped and quickly ran off not caring that she left her weapon and the food Bliss and her was going to eat later during the day. Becca ran faster as she panted but she didn't want to take a chance that Bliss was in danger. A few minutes later, she arrived back home and by then she was out of breath but she ran inside the building she last saw Bliss. But when she walked in, she didn't see Bliss anywhere.

            "Bliss!" Becca ran outside and yelled for her daughter not knowing where she was. She didn't get an answer so she tried again. "Bliss! Where are you!?" Becca looked around frantically til she heard Bliss in the distance. She gasped and ran towards the sound and when she feared the worst, she only saw Bliss sitting on the ground playing with her doll and a piece of stick that was in her other hand. "Bliss!" She sighed in relief and hugged her small frame and Bliss smiled and hugged her mother back even though not knowing what was wrong.

            "Are you hurt? Is anything wrong? Are you-." But she stopped when she heard a noise and by instinct, Becca stood in front of Bliss and turned around but not seeing anything. That is til Blis said,"Mommy, what's that?" Becca looked up and saw a small ship land far away but enough to see it from their location. "Honey go inside, and what ever you hear or see, stay inside," "But-," "No buts, don't follow me and wait for me to come back." Bliss nodded and ran inside a building still holding her doll. Becca quickly turned and looked at the ship but she couldn't tell whose ship it was from the distance it was at.

            Becca ran inside one of the buildings and took out a locked box that was on the top shelf. She turned it over and took the key that was taped on the bottom and unlocked the box. And inside the small black box, was a revolver. Becca took the gun out and saw it was loaded but she still took two boxes of bullets that was on the same shelf. She never told Singh or Bliss she had the gun, but she kept it just in case something bad happened and she needed a real weapon besides the sharpen branches she used for hunting.

            She put the gun in her pocket and put the two small boxes of bullets in the other pocket of her pants. Becca sighed and looked outside towards the forest and the ship. She knew something bad would happend and she would have to fight, but she didn't care, for as long as Bliss was alright, it was worth it. And with that, she ran into the forest.

Since it's almost Christmas, it may take me longer to update. Sorry! But only a few more chapters and it will be finished! But beware, the next couple will have a lot of things will happen!

Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁🤗