Chapter 8

ABIGALE

I didn't sleep much that night. My mind keeps replaying the kiss Zayn and I shared.

He is my first kiss. Zayn Malik is my first kiss. Who would've thought, I surely didn't.

I know it sounds cliché, but our kiss felt magical. I touch my lips once again thinking back about it.

But my happy thoughts are quickly pushed aside when I remember he has Perrie and she'll always be better than me. I don't know what to do. I stand up and walk towards my closet. It's warm outside so I decide on wearing a dress. I pick out a summer dress, actually the only summer dress I owned. I slide into it and go towards my bathroom to get ready.

I put my long brown hair in a high ponytail. Since I never owned a lot of make-up and therefore had almost no experience I simply apply some mascara and lipgloss after I brushing my teeth. I feel better after this.

I should start making breakfast.

I silently walk through the hallway and down the stairs. I enter the kitchen and take a glance at the paper hanging on the refrigerator. She suggested I make eggs and toasts for them today.

Simple, I take a few eggs and preheat the pan. I add some butter before breaking the eggs and starting to bake them. I hear a few loud knocks on the front door.

"Wait a second." I yell but the person keeps knocking.

"Somebody's a little impatient." I scoff, leaving the eggs be after putting them aside.

I run to the front door and open it fastly. Someone falls right in and drags me down with them.

I let out a painful groan as we connect with the tiles of the entrance hall. I look up to see Zayn. He's slurring some inaudible words.

"Zayn, you're drunk." I state the obvious while pushing him off me. Zayn takes my extended hand and pulls himself up.

"I'm not." He says trying to compose himself but soon enough he is holding my arm to not fall down again.

How much did he drink?

"How did you get here?" I ask holding his arm as we start walking towards his room. It's hard to hold a guy up who weighs more than you.

"Larry brought me." He slurs.

Larry? As in Perrie?

I walk to the door in the kitchen which leads to his basement. We trail down silently, his boots slumping against the wooden stairs being the only noise hearable. We arrive at his room and I walked towards his bed while still helping him stand up. He let himself fall down on the bed and crawls to his pillow. I'm about to walk away when Zayn murmurs a quiet 'thank you'. I turn around with a surprised expression framing my face.

"You're welcome." I say before heading towards the kitchen.

It's 9Am which means I won't be seeing him until at least 11Pm.

He's like that because he's drunk so when he's sober again, he'd forget what happenend. But the only thing he probably will remember is the kiss. Lets say this kiss changed some of my feelings. How a kiss can do this. I don't know for sure but I think I'm starting to like Zayn.

I shake my head like I'm trying to get rid of these feelings. But that did not work. He gives me some indescribable feeling...The kiss gave me sparks and some unknown feeling in my stomach.

I try to focus on the eggs which I pulled of the cook plate when I opened the door, so I have to warm them up again. I make everything and serve it on plates. I first wake up Safaa who is still sleeping till my suprise. I shake her body slightly as her eyes fly open. I smile at her and she returns the gesture.