Chapter XXXI

*Five years later*

*Spencer's POV*

"Are you nervous?" Hanna asks, fixing my hair for me. I stare at myself in the mirror, making sure my dress looks alright.

"The church looks amazing," I state, looking back at my best friends. Emily and Hanna smile at me.

"You nervous?" Emily asks, her dress is the same as Hanna's since they are bridesmaids.

"What about?" I question. I shouldn't be nervous so I try to pretend I don't know what she's talking about.

"About seeing him," she whispers, as if Aria isn't allowed to hear.

"I haven't seen him in five years, my life is completely different now," I say, looking down at my shoes.

"But he's the best man," Emily states, her eyes looking right through me. She knows I'm scared to see him.

I stand for a minute. Thinking about what I will do or say when I see him. He hurt me. He killed my....... no Spencer. Don't think about that. While I'm in my daze Aria comes out from her small dressing room and we all gasp.

"You look amazing!" I exclaim, my jaw nearly hitting the floor. She deserves to be a princess on her wedding.

"Are you sure? I think-" she worries, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"You look beautiful, Ezra will love it," I smile, knowing that what I'm saying is the truth.

"Yeah, you look amazing Aria," Hanna says, Emily nodding her head in agreement.

We all stand and admire her gorgeous wedding dress when Ella walks in. A smile instantly spreads across her face when she sees her daughter.

"You are stunning," she compliments. Aria walks over to her and gives her a hug.

"You ready to become a wife?" Ella exclaims, her face bright with excitement.

"I guess," aria replies, taking a deep breath and taking her mothers hand.

Hanna, Emily and I walk out of the small room behind her, holding her veil so it won't get dirty.

We walk to the front of the church to meet Arias father. He grins when he sees his beautiful daughter and places his hand out for her to take it.

He whispers something in her ear and she smiles at him. I watch as they laugh and smile at each other, not noticing that we had to get ready.

"Okay! Spencer?" The wedding planner shouts. I snap my attention to her.

"Where is your boyfriend?" She asks. I look puzzled for a minute before I realise who she is talking about.

"Oh, he will be here soon," I state, she gives me a glare and then shouts to everyone.

"We need someone to walk with Spencer!" She yells. I look around the room and my eyes stop at his. The man that I haven't seen in five years.

He looks back at me. It feels like the world has stopped spinning, I don't take concern in anything else right now, just him.

"I'll do it!" He shouts, raising his hand. No, no way.

"Okay! Get in position," the wedding planner shouts.

I walk over to where I need to be. Toby comes and stands beside me, watching me.

I try not to give eye contact. Just keep looking forward Spencer!

The wedding march begins to play and I take a deep breath.

Hanna and Caleb begin to walk towards the altar, then Emily and Alison follow after them.

"Are you going to take my arm?" Toby asks, waiting for me to hook his arm around his.

I do exactly that, not realising I'm holding my breath.

We begin to walk down the aisle and I watch as Ezra watches for his bride.

"Are you okay?" I hear Toby ask. I turn my head to him. Finally giving into my thoughts.

"Yeah, are you?" I reply, looking at the featured on his face. He is more muscular, and his stubble around his face. His eyes are still the same, ocean blue, and his hair is still spiked up at the front.

"I've need okay," he answers. He watches me face, trying to read my mind.

We pass by my mom on the way to the alter and she gives me a smile. Toby gives her a quick wave and she waves back, a small laugh escaping her lips.

"What was that?" I ask, raising my eyebrows to him. He grins at me.

"Since you moved to California I have done a few jobs for your mom," he says. What does he mean, done a few jobs for my mom?

As if he read my mind he says "I have a carpentry business now,"

We get to the end of the aisle and part ways and not once did I pay attention to the wedding, I kept staring at how handsome the best man was.