Part 4 - Choice

Listen to "Think About You" by LEON

Ian's P.O.V
It was raining heavily, And i was worried, Not for me but for me but for Gareth. What would he end up doing once i left? I could see tears build in his eyes as he hugged me. I hugged him back felling guilt deep down, was i too selfish?

I pull out of his hug moving towards the car that my parents had ordered to pick me up. I hadn't rung them yet telling them I'm coming.

I placed my things in the car before hoping in. I told the driver to go as i gave him one last wave with a smile. I could feel tears build in my eye's. I sat staring at my reflection seeing the sadness in my eyes as Gareth disappeared from view.

I was on the constant verge of tears and had a burning feeling in my heart. I looked up at the rear view mirror where i could see the drivers look of worry and disapproval, which made me feel even worse for myself.

We had been driving for hours and i rain ceased to stop. I reached into my bag grabbing out the folded note from my parents. I unfold it before reading it again.

Ian,
You have been summoned home to come work for me and make a proper man of yourself. You'll also be continuing home school with the states. I want you to leave that boy back at your old town. If you do i'll let this blow over but if you don't consider your self disowned.
Craig.

Straight forward as always i thought as tears roll from my eyes and drop onto the note in my hands. Would i risk everything for Gareth? Was what i was doing right?

I always did what my parents wanted but this was tearing me in two. I began to cry more as i scrunched up the paper and throwing it out the window.

I didn't know what to do. All i wanted was to be with Gareth, but would i lose everything for him?

I stared outside the window at my reflection crying.

When we were driving through a town i asked driver to stop the car. I grabbed my stuff and hopped out of the the car back into the pouring rain.

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.