21. Breakfast

Katie

I wake up from a terrible dream. I was running in a field of sunflowers but quickly got lost, everything got dark and then some one grabbed me from behind. That's when I set up out of the bed suppressing a scream and I apparently had been crying. I wipe my eyes and pull my phone from the charger to see it's 5 am. Am I ever going to sleep again? Michael is sleeping soundly beside me so I climb out of bed hoping not to disturb him we stayed up pretty late last night just talking. He told me he really cares about me . That he doesn't feel right leaving town after all he knows. I reassured him I'd be fine even though I feel like that was a lie.

When I make it downstairs I program the coffee pot for Kelsie and head to the living room I grab my favorite blanket and curl up in the couch pit for a while. I eventually grab my laptop as well and make sure everything if in order for the office today. I send Sarah an email, its too early to text, and let her know neither of us will be in today. It's our last day with the boys and I'm not wasting it working. Kelsie comes down the stairs a while later and I point her in the direction of caffeine. I tell her we aren't working today and she say she's going back to bed

"I know he's in your bed" I inform her and I hear her laugh as she's running up the stairs she's forgotten I had to have him carry her drunk ass in last night. After she drunk called him he decided to come over when Michael did and they were both waiting on us when we got home.

It's around 8am when Michael comes down the stairs. I'm in the kitchen cooking breakfast. He walks over to me kisses me on the cheek and grabs a piece of bacon. He's shirtless and only wearing basketball shorts and I'm resisting dragging him back up the stairs and not leaving my room ever again.

"Luke called and woke me up he said he and Ashton are on their way over to hang out for the day. Are Calum and Kelsie still in bed?"

"Yeah lazy fuckers." I laugh

"How long have you been up?" he asks me

"Umm since 5" I mumble

"WHAT THE FUCK" He yells and I laugh "Why the hell have you been up that long?"

"I cant sleep these days and I had a bad dream"

He's walking back over to me now. He tucks my messy hair behind my hair. "Why didn't you wake me up" he says softer now and my heart melts a little more. Just then my phone rings from beside Michael on the counter my heart stops for a minute. "Louis" he informs me. I give him an evil grin and answer the phone.

"Why good morning Louis how are you?" I'm done with cooking so I turn the stove off.

"I'm good Love you sound rather mischievous what are you doing ?"

"oh nothing just cooking breakfast with Michael" I go ahead and put this bit of information out there

"HEY LOU" Michael yells with a mouth full of bacon and I giggle.

"Cooking breakfast with Michael huh? Does that mean he woke up there?"

"Yes he did, I got a text from Sam last night and asked Michael to come stay with me and keep me safe. He's just doing the job you instructed him to do"

He laughs he knows I've one upped him here "Ah love I was hoping he could do that from outside of your bedroom. What about everyone else, where are they?"

"Well Ashton and Luke are on their way over and Calum and Kelsie are still asleep" I wink at Michael and he laughs nearly choking on his food.

"ARE THEY STILL IN BED TOGETHER?"

"Yup" I laugh "Kelsie got trashed last night and drunk dialed him. I had to take her phone away then when Michael came over he came too."

"You two are going to give me a heart attack! I was just calling to make sure you all were ok after I had to call Brad yesterday but now I'm calling her to have a little chat."

"We'll if I were you I'd give it a while as much as she drank yesterday She's probably not waking up anytime soon."

"I'm giving her an hour" he says and hangs up and I laugh

"got her" I say

"oh she's going to be pissed at you" Michaels laughs this was his revenge too. There's no hard feelings here me and Kelsie are always tattling on each other to our 'big brother' Louis

Just then the front door opens and Luke and Ashton stroll in "You guys want some breakfast I made plenty"

"Hell yeah" Luke says and we all sit around the bar and eat breakfast for the last time in who knows how long.