Chapter 6

<Discovery>

Gaining consciousness but not opening my eyes because the sun rays was shining in. I heard "Woof!", Betty's barks. I stirred slightly and felt Betty licking me on my hands. I opened my eyes while shading lights away from my eyes and slowly sat up and saw Betty wagging her tail at me. This big cutie had always been with me and I couldn't imagine a life without her. I smiled and hugged her when something light drop on my lap. I looked down.

It was Ethan's jacket. The same one he lent me during that night he found me at the park. He might have dropped by yesterday and left this. How thoughtful and sweet of him. But how did he knew I was here? despite the latter thought, I smile and blushed a little. Images of Ethan cooking in the kitchen formed like we were married couple and he would serve breakfast in bed to me. It seemed perfect, like I could imagine a life with Ethan..... but I caught myself midway before I could imagine anything else too perfect. Still deep in my thoughts, I heard a sudden "Ellie! Good morning" which caused me to jump a little, I wasn't expecting someone else to be in my garden. I turned towards the direction of the kitchen and there stood the perfect Ethan, holding a tray, walking towards me. "It's your breakfast." he continued and smile. His green eyes shone brightly. It was just like how I pictured it and I couldn't helped but be happy and shock at the same time. This wasn't a dream right?

Wow. What just happened? Did I magically dreamt of Ethan? Or was this like some sort of an augmented reality? Was this like some sort of a magic? Like all of the sudden it just appeared? He was already half way towards me and I realize I hadn't replied him so I said "Oh, thank you. But you don't have to do that." and blushed, looking away from him. But my mind could not comprehend why Ethan would be here. Did he hear my thoughts?

Geez, how can someone looked so perfect like him? His hair was in a way that it seems he did it without much effort but still looked perfect and his eyes were just too enchanting. He walked around me and placed the tray in front of me, serving me like a princess. "Enjoy it while it last, Ellie." I mentally told myself. He handed Betty her biscuits and Betty wagged happily, oblivious to the tense and awkward atmosphere that was starting to form between us.

"So...." he started just when I said "how...." we both stopped and looked at each other for what seems like a minute. Ethan let out a short laugh, breaking eye contact and did he know that even the way he smile was so perfect? I think I am obsessed with him. I hope not? Or maybe because no guys had ever approached me like him and stayed. (Not counting Maybel and Max) and again, "did..." we said the same thing. But this time, we laughed at our silly mistake together. Betty barked once and I reached over to pat her head lightly.

I cleared my throat after that and Ethan asked, while grabbing a cookie off the plate, "So, did you had a good sleep?" after we've both stopped our hysterical laughing. I drank a sip of strawberry tea before answering him with "Yeah. I did. Urm.... Thanks though." and remembering his jacket still on my lap after I woke up, I took it off my lap and handed it back to him.

He smiled showing his dimple and I couldn't help but stared. "Ellie?" he spoke my name like it was a taboo and intensely, he stared into my eyes which made me flinched a little. I shook my head and ate my breakfast silently, all the while avoiding eye contact. He made strawberry bread and strawberry tea for me. Maybe that was because it was the only thing he could find in my garden kitchen. I love strawberry and in my kitchen, I would buy other types of food only when I stayed here for a week.

The silence between us was comforting but I still had the urge to broke it. So I started with "How did you knew I was here?" and looked up after finished chewing my bread. He stared at me, trying to think (either debating if he should tell the truth or lie) while I tried not to look directly into his green eyes. Afraid that I would be trapped in his soul and never returned. He seems to take too long to think before commenting "Because......I'm smart!" and grin widely like a little kid whom had won the first prize in drawing. I couldn't helped but smile a little and rolled my eyes dramatically. I said "Yeah, right." In a matter of fact tone and we both laughed again. He knew I knew that he was lying and probably said that to make me laugh.