SEVEN| "It's your mess,"

Ava

"I really have to go," I plead, trying to pull my hand out of his tight grip.

"Where? To plant your iron or iron your plants?" He humoured, raising his eyebrows as he looked down at me clearly remembering our last encounter.

Erm...Who doesn't love growing irons in their back garden...?

"Look, I'm sorry for lying but it helped okay," I say, to which he only gave me a deadpan look.

"In one way maybe but, in another way you completely messed up," he states, leaving me confused.

"What another way," I ask to which he responds with, "Your lie."

Did I go a little too far?

Nah!

"Your receptionist wasn't going to let me in," I argued.

"You could've said anything but had to go with pregnant fiancé," he sighed, moving away from the door to let some customers out. Kai takes a few steps away from the café, dragging me along with him.

"You can let go now." Kai raises one eyebrow as if saying 'you think I'm dumb'

Yes

"I promise I won't run, I actually wanna hear this," Kai slowly let's go of my hand, testing me to see if I'd make a run for it.

"Now tell me what did I do?" I ask, folding my arms as I leaned against the wall

"Well your little lie, put me in a lot of trouble," he says, again confusing me.

Big man can't handle a little trouble

Ha!

"Just get to the point will you," I sigh, getting impatient with him.

"My dad wants to meet my pregnant fiancé since it's the latest gossip in my office," he explained, leaving me shocked and again confused.

"Why don't you just get another girl," I suggest, since his father hasn't really seen my face, he could easily get another girl but, I was proved wrong when he speaks up again, "Dad had to go and see for himself who this girl was so, he checked the CCTV footage of you at the front desk."

"But-but." I start, trying to think of something only to come up with, "why don't you just say I was lying."

He lets out a dry laugh, "you don't know my dad,"

Of course, I don't!

"You think he'd believe me? No, he wants something he'll make sure to get," he says, his jaw clenched as he stared at the wall behind me.

"What are you scared of him?" I ask, only receiving a glare from him. "Well I can't meet him," I say.

"You put me in this mess!" He stressed out

"I know and I'm sorry but, I can't just go meet someone's dad when I hardly even know you," I exclaimed.

"For starters do you even know my name?" I ask, knowingly.

"Yes, Ava. And all you have to do is make him not like you," he says, sighing

"Well for your information, that's really hard since everyone pretty much likes me," I half lie, maybe not everyone but some still counts.

He gives me deadpan look as he sighs, as he massages his temples clearly getting annoyed.

"Your lie, you take responsibility," he starts again, staring right at me.

"Listen, I've told me I am sorry but, no can do," I protest, trying looking anywhere but at him which was hard since I could practically feel his glare.

"If I don't take him to you, he'll come to find you himself," he informs, causing me to gasp as I stared wide at him.

Rich people

"All you have to do is make him hate you," he says, making me reconsider my first decision since I really didn't need a rich goon after me.

"What do I get out it," I try to deal, I shouldn't get anything out of this since it's my fault but, never do anything for free!

"It's your mess," he states, knowingly. I pretend to leave as I stand up straight and take small slow steps away from him, "fine, I'll give you whatever you want."

Hehehe!

"Well then, I choose to save it for later," I cheer, turning around to shake his hand.

He stares at my hand for a few seconds then looks up at me and just leaves me hanging. Wow, rude.

He simply walks right past me, I hear his footsteps stop as he speaks up again, "I'll drop by the cafe again to let you know time and date."

And with that Dumbass just walks away.

.

.

.

"Friday?" Kai asks, looking up from his phone

"I finish at 6, so what time you want me to be there?"I ask

"7 should be fine, not like you need time to get all glowed up," he shrugs, typing away on his phone. Again, RUDE!

"What I'm a supposed to wear? Maybe a dre-" I start but, get cut off my Kai, "Jeans and top or even a hoodie should be fine, actually you could even wear your pyjamas."

I guess that works for me!

"Well, how am I supposed to make him hate me?" I ask

"Well that should be easy, just be yourself." He states, shaking his head a little as he spoke.

Stupid shit!

Narrowing my eyes at him as I speak, "you said to make him hate me, not like me." With that, I get up and head back to work.

I was surprised Aiden hadn't fired me yet for taking a random break during my work hours. 

After a while of serving customers, Kai gets up from his seat walking past me as he says, "Friday, I'll pick you up at 6:40, be ready."

Maybe I should pack my bags and leave again...

- AUTHORS NOTE -

Yellow

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting!!

Love you all and adios❤️❤️