Marina of the Sea

Marina. Oh Marina. She has had a lot on her plate since the war finished. To go through all of it, the pain, the fight, the struggle under the pressure of keeping the human race alive, and the most important thing, the loosing of Naveen. Their last exchange of words bounced around in her head.
     "I could kiss you right now."
     "How about after we kill this thing."

   She should some it then. Marina had the chance to miss the guy she was falling for. Looking down at the ocean floor, Marina shook her head clear of thoughts and drew a small heart in the sand. There was always a plus of having legacies, of being one of the chosen garde that was sent to Earth.
     Another thing about being underwater, no one could see her cry. All the emotion that was bottled up inside, she let it out. That is until she saw something come up to her in the deep ocean blue in the line of her blurry sight. She took a deep breath, trying to regain her composure. The creature, it was stunning.
     A creature that was very close to heart approaches. It couldn't have been. The shades of green, the tan shining inbetween. Not just any ran though, it was almost like it had been mixed with chocolate. It's fins moved around slowly, propelling around Marina.
     She slowly reached her hand out, slowly, not to scare the creature away. She let a tear mix in with the water around them. The creature, so subtly, nudged its head against her hand. It was like being home again.
     Being with him.
     Marina stayed that way for longer than she planned, watching Naveen, the magnificent sea turtle come back home once again. Maybe not as himself, but inside she could feel his presence.