Chapter eight.

JUNGKOOK 

HIS LIPS WERE SO IMPOSSIBLY SOFT and sweet, I didn't understand why I ate cotton candy when I could just have his lips.

After a short moment of shock, he kissed me back with equal fervor, lips moulding together into one.

He stepped closer, our chests pressing together so close I wondered if he could feel my heartbeat through the thin layers of our t-shirts.

He slipped a hand behind my head, tugging my head closer to his.

We melted into one, the universe long forgotten in the soft, leisurely movements of our lips.

I was surprised when it was me who broke the kiss.

"I'd always wanted to be the one to do that." Said Jimin, smiling with the lips that I'd just kissed.

"That opportunity is long gone, hyung." I said.

"Whatever. I am your first kiss, so, it doesn't matter." He joked.

I just stared at him.

"What? I am your first kiss?" He asked, eyes wide.

I nodded.

He giggled. He actually giggled, as he bumped our noses. He gave me a chaste kiss on my lips, as if he thought I was adorable.

"I'm glad it was you, Jimin." I said. "I'm glad you got my first kiss."

He smiled. "Me too. I'm very happy and honored to have kissed you."

And then he kissed me again. And again. And again until it was so late, someone was bound to come in to check if we had been murdered.

We held hands as we walked to the adjoining restaurant, in our own happy bubble. Neither of us could stop smiling.

We separated when we reached. By mutual understanding, we decided it was a bit too much excitement for the group for one day.

We took our seats opposite each other, determined to not let anyone know what had happened back in the room.

"You look too happy, Jimin." Commented Yoongi.

"Of course." Said Taehyung. "He always does look happy after he pulled a prank on me." He pouted.

I laughed. "That's for sure." Everyone looked at me.

"You too. You look too happy too, Kookie." Commented Jin.

Taehyung gulped. "OK now I'm scared" he said. "I'm in your room you know."

I didn't see his way, but I could tell Jimin had  stopped eating too.

"Why?" He asked, and I had to admire his ability to keep his voice light.

"You're gonna pull one on me again, aren't you?" Tae asked.

The tension in my shoulders dispelled. Jimin smirked coyly. "Well, I can't be sure about that. Right, Jungkookie?"

"Huh? Yeah." I said. In the light of recent events, the endearing nickname sounded so different, it echoed in my mind.

Soon, dinner ended. Jimin snuck up to me. "Everything set?" He asked. Then I noticed Tae behind him. I stifled a laugh.

"Excellent." I grinned at him, playing along.

"You guys..." Tae muttered.

We reached our room, and before any of us could say anything, Tae jumped in his bed. "Before you can pull your prank, I'm gonna be asleep."

We burst out laughing.

  ****

After we had dressed into our nightwear, jungkook silently crawled into my bed.

Did I mention I slept shirtless?

For the sake of Taehyung, we covered ourselves in blankets

"Goodnight Kookie." He whispered.

"Do I get a kiss?" I asked. I was sure that he would hear me blushing.

"Sure." With that, he turned around, and pecked me on the lips.

"Goodnight, kook." He said.

"Goodnight, hyung." And then we went to the sweet land of sleep.

Sometimes during the night, I was woken up by an arm sliding over my torso. I fell back asleep, smiling.

****

So this is it. It doesn't get fluffier than this

Thank you for reading!