Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It'd been a week since the cousins reunited, and it was enough for Erika to get used to how things ran in the estate. Funny, she didn't remember as many rules when she was younger, but despite that, all was well and easy to follow, she'd even manage to get back to dressing the way her cousins did.

The De Blois family were clothed in a mixture of what could only be a Japanese style mixed with Victorian. Catherine's clothes were usually long sleeved Sunday dresses with cuffs that hugged her wrists and form fitting leggings then boots that had colored curves as whatever dress she had on. It was usually different shades of blue, though the sleeves were always black, the leggings also. Same goes for Jeremy and Kenneth, who wore black and blue ensembles.

The Sullivans on the other hand contrasted to their chilling nature of blues and often wore bright orange hues, though Michael and a few other boys often sported red clothes. Clarissa preferred to wear pants that reached her knees and a loose tank top and often wore running shoes displaying a casual look. Michael had almost the same set of clothes which consisted of loose pants, running shoes and a vest that had whatever colored shirt he wanted underneath. The two always had wrist bands or an arm band when going out, it was their own weird and unique sense of style.

Erika glanced down at her own clothes and saw the rich green and brown tones of the pants and high collared shirt. It was nice, something she was quite comfortable in. She loved it even more since her entire closet had clothes made none other than by her mother, Jamie Porter.

"Someone seems happy?" A door to the right of Erika flew open and Clarissa stepped out, dressed in what seemed to be some sort of uniform. A high collared, and elbow cuffed sleeve polo shirt, a beige homey vest over it and a similarly colored skirt. She had black shoes to go with the ensemble and her tie was a dark orange.

"I'm glad to be back." Erika scrutinized the outfit another time. "Off to somewhere?"

"I have class." Clarissa tightened her ponytail.

Erika's eyes widened. "You go to school?"

Clarissa laughed at the shocked expression and shrugged her thin shoulders. "I'm just finishing my studies. When Michael turns eighteen, we graduate."

"We?"

"Yeah, 'we'." Clarissa grabbed Erika's wrist and went off walking. "Michael, Catherine, Me, and You."

.x.

"You're late Ms. Sullivan, and as you know I don't tolerate tardiness." Jeff O’ Brien was a twenty year old blonde with dark emerald eyes. He was a native from somewhere or the other and just one glance on him made it obvious that he was from not around here.

"Forgive me Mr. O’ Brien it won't happen again." Clarissa stepped aside and gestured to the now-in-uniform Erika, much like Clarissa's own, but the tie was green. "This is my cousin Erika Porter, she will be attending your class from now on."

"Ah, yes, Ms. Porter." Mr. O’ Brien glanced up from thick lashes and Erika blinked, slightly dazed. No boy in the world, should have such expressive eyes as that. "Welcome to my class. Since you're wonderfully acquainted with the rest of my students, it shouldn't be hard for you to catch up."

Erika nodded, seemingly speechless as Clarissa towed her away and towards the middle of the room, where four desks sat in a square so that they could all seat across from one another. It looked more like a study room rather than a class hall since there were no white boards or black boards, or any other board for the matter, except for the illustration board Catherine was drawing on.

"You're late." She turned, her black hair swaying back and forth since it was actually let down instead of tied up. She sported the same uniform as them except for the tie being blue and her skirt being blue as well.