Let It Out

Maya's P.O.V

*2 weeks later*

"No I'm not going" I huffed.

"Yes you are" Matteo replied.

"Do you want to walk with a limp for the rest of your life?" Roman snapped. I rolled my eyes and stayed silent. "That's what I thought" he added.

"I don't want to go to therapy, they're gonna make me exercise" I whined. I made a puppy dog face at Roman, and he stared back, unfazed.

I groaned and turned towards Matteo, who had the exact same look on his face

"Suck it up buttercup" Matteo shrugged. I slowly trudged down the hall towards the other wing of the house, with them trailing behind me. I'm not allowed to leave the house anymore so they had another wing specifically built for my therapy. We entered the room, which looked like a gym. There was a guy standing across the room with long, dark hair. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail and he was dressed in all black.

"I'm Joe, you must be Maya" he asked flashing a smile

"Yeah, that's me" I replied, extending my hand.

"Wait, wait, wait. I could've sworn I asked for a female therapist" Roman stated, slapping my hand down.

"There was no one available except for me" Joe said.

"Well we'll try again another time, don't let the door hit you on your way out" Matteo chimed in.

"What happened to 'do you want to walk with a limp for the rest of your life', he hasn't done anything wrong so chill out" I rolled my eyes at their alpha, macho man act. They opened their mouths to say something else then I glared at them.

"I can leave if it's a problem" Joe cut in.

"It's no problem at all, now let's get started" I replied. He nodded and led me towards the equipment.

"Today is going to be pretty simple, I'm going to put some small weights on your leg so you can start to regain your strength" he said pulling out some tiny weights.

"Alright"

"Now there may be slight discomfort but if there is any pain let me know" I nodded and he strapped the weights onto my leg.
____________________________
I said goodbye to Joe on his way out, who knew that therapy would be this hard. I could only get my foot a few inches off of the ground before it started to hurt. He even gave me smaller weights but that was still uncomfortable.

"Don't worry about it Maya, you'll be better in no time. I'll be in my office if you need me" Matteo said hugging me then he walked away.

"Come on" Roman tugged on my arm, pulling me off the stool.

"Where are we going?" I whined

"To one of my favorite places in the house" he was grinning from ear to ear, like a little kid. He dragged me along until we finally made it to the 'mystery place'. He opened the door and it was a nice looking home theater.

"I know you like movies so I figured, watching one would cheer you up" he said

"Thanks Roman" I kissed him on the cheek then went to sit down. "What are we going to watch?"

"Sweet Home Alabama, one of your favorites" he replied. I'm surprised that he still remembers. He made us some popcorn then he started the movie.

___________________________

We were at the part where Melanie and Jake were talking about Melanie's miscarriage....I looked out the corner of my eye and I could see Roman staring at me. I tried to ignore it then he paused the movie.

"Maya we need to talk" he stated.

"About?" I questioned

Maybe if I play dumb he'll leave it alone

"About our baby" he replied.

Shit....well this is it. I can't keep it from him forever.

"What about him?"

"It was a boy?"

"Yes" I said. he smiled so big it looked like it hurt.

"Where is he? Did you give him up for adoption? I'm sure we could get him back-"

"Roman, I didn't give him up" I said sadly. He looked confused by what I said.

"What the fuck did you do then?"

"I miscarried Roman....our son didn't make it" I whispered. All of the joy and happiness in his eyes was gone, and it broke my heart. I feel selfish, who was I to keep this from him? Our child has been gone for a while now and he's just now finding out. He was silent, staring at the floor I didn't know what would come next. "Roman I am so sorry, I thought you'd kill me if I told you. I thought-"

"How could you be so fucking stupid" he yelled. 

"I didn't think anything would happen, I wanted him to have a normal life"

"That's your damn problem you didn't think and know he's dead" he screamed. He was pacing the room now, mumbling to himself in French. Then he punched the shit out of the wall, making a hole. "Mon fils est allé" (My son is gone) he slid down the wall and sat with his head in his hands. I went to his side and held his hand.

He tried to pull away but I didn't let him, this is something I should have told him a long time ago. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes, there is nothing I can do to make this pain go away. I hugged him and then he laid his head on my lap, crying silently. I dealt with this then, now it's his turn.