Wronged

{Point Of View - Peak Peemapol}     

Hm.. What should I buy?

I pushed the trolley near the frozen part, after dropping some veggies into. The atmosphere in the supermarket wasn't that crowded as I reached there because usually I would have to squeeze myself between aunties who are twice of myself. No offence. Not sure if it would be best to cook for breakfast or lunch instead. The watch on my wrist already showed right on 10:30 a.m. Strange how the morning felt so long to me, as if the clock slowed down probably to give me extra time to be with my dearest husband. Husband.. Hm

I shook my head from the wrong thoughts that began flying over my head.

Anyway, what should I buy again?

I would prefer to cook anything that is simple and quickly done. While eyes strolling over and stopped at the crabs in sealed packaging. I know! There aren't many better ways to eat it than in Thai khao phat buu—fried rice with crab, made with fragrant jasmine rice that's gently seasoned with garlic and chilies, then tossed with scrambled egg, picked crabmeat, and scallions, finished with a little fish sauce, and served with cilantro and cucumbers. Then walah! Done. Boom's all-time favorite meals! My mouth watered just by having its visual image in my mind.

After putting two packages of it, I moved to the "Seasonings and Spices" section. What was the ingredients again?

Looking back now, since I get married to Boom, my cooking skill developed much since the meals are to fill two people's tummies. I would always prefer home cooked meal rather than eating out each time. Actually we both are. I've started baking cookies and cakes too, well only a little. What a great wifey I am..

Oh, snap! It's already 11.45!

〰️〰️〰️

"I'm home. Boom, are we having guest?" I asked as soon as I got myself in, noticing the unfamiliar pair of shoes.

"Uhm yeah. Don't get into the room!" Boom pulled me away before I could do so.

"Why not? I wanna put my jacket" I furrowed eyebrow, following his lead into the kitchen.

"Because.. I called my friend to fix the air-conditioner in our room" Boom replied.

"Fix it? Is there any problem with it? You have a technician friend?" I raised an eyebrow, getting my hands busy with scooping out the rice, while Boom helped with washing the veggies.

"I mean not fixing, but to service it. You know, changing the air filter.. Yeah, I do have one I haven't told you about"

"Okay. I trust you"

"Why wouldn't you? I've never lied to you anyway, honey. So what are we cooking? I'm so hungry~ Be hurry before I eat you" Boom came backhugging me, letting the side of his cheek touched mine. The familiar smell of shampoo gently floating over my nose. Never lied.. I hope so

"Let go, Boom.. We're having guest here. What if your friend sees us? I'm gonna make your favorite crab fried rice. Go and entertain your friend.. I'll make it real quick"

"Sweet! Just call me if you need my help" He gave a quick peck on cheek and left the kitchen.

It took me only half an hour to get everything done and as quickly the meals are cooked, it finished almost immediately. In addition to to washing dishes in the kitchen, only silent Garn's not tired, but it's just a dishwasher anyway. After meals, Boom immediately contacted the director of his workplace. I chose not to speak any further on the matter progresses on that. He came back sitting next to me. Boom's friend, the technician already came saying goodbye earlier. He stared at the laptop screen, fingers dancing over the keyboard typing the replies almost quickly to the messages popping in.

"Boom.." about Emma.. I gathered my courage to finally open my mouth, rather than letting the thoughts get overwhelming.

"Uhm?" He did not turn away from the screen. What's so important on it that keeps you from even face me?

"Is it something to do with works or.. chatting with someone?" I asked. My question managed to get his attention, turning his eyes towards mine.

"Chatting? Who would I chat with, Peak?" He asked me back.

"With someone who could make you forget what date is today.." I lowly said, eyes looking down, avoiding his sharp ones.

"You mean, Emma?" He calmly asked.

Boom's question caused me to look at him again almost immediately, "So it is true?? The thing between you and her. You two were together in Phuket right?!" I turned emotional, chest began bumping at quicker pace but afraid to hear the truth as well.

Boom smiled a little, placing down the laptop before grabbing my hands tightly holding it.

"Peak.. You've misunderstood. I knew you would when you opened the text, and I'm waiting for you to ask about it" He softly muttered, while fondly staring at me.

"How do you expect me not to misunderstand? Do you even know how painful it felt to be waiting for you here meanwhile you were there with somebody else??" My voice began cracking, tears formed by the corner of my eyes. I'm losing it!

His hand moved up to caress my cheek, "Hey.. What are you saying? Listen.. About Emma. Yes, she was with me during the business trip but it's not like we stick together like you thought. She was there because she's the daughter of the chairman. I know I needed to clear it out when she told me that she likes me, in which the main reason why she tagged along the trip. There's nothing to be worried about anymore.. I told her I'm married.."

Boom explained in one go, and finally taking a deep breath before my body gets pulled into his warm embrace. I was at a loss for words, and my body turned numb.

Boom added, "I'm sorry that it makes you misunderstood.. I don't feel the need to tell you as nothing matters about her and I'm sorry that I had to leave you. I wasn't being considerate on how you might feel about it"

"I-I'm sorry for doubting on you.." I loosened the hug, feeling wronged for all the bad thoughts I had on my sweet husband.

"No, it's not your fault that people are hitting on your gorgeous husband. Their lost because my heart is already taken by my cutest, loveliest, dearest husband.. I love him, only him!" Boom teasingly claimed before slightly pulling my nose.

"Pfft yeah right.. It's good that you realized that" I stood up, freeing myself from his snuggles and headed to the bedroom.

"Where are you going?"

"Take a shower"

 ➰➰➰