achievements

"Hold!"

"Ate!"

"Go, pedal....I won't let go..."

RT slowly pedalled his bike, wobbling to maintain his balance.

"That's right...good....try to keep the handle straight..." Eena encouraged her little brother as she held on to the back of the seat. "That's it...."

As RT steadied himself, Eena let go of the seat and shouted, "Go! Go!"

Soon, RT zoomed away on his own.

"Ate!! I can't stop!"

"Use your brakes! Use your brakes!"

RT gripped on his brakes and fell on his side along with the bike.

"RT! Are you okay?" Eena ran to her brother and checked on him.

RT got up immediately and pulled his bike upright.

"You okay?" Eena looked at RT from head to toe.

RT looked like he was about to cry but stopped himself. "You're fine! Let's go!" Eena encouraged RT to try again.

A few more minutes around the park, Eena and red-faced RT sat on one of the park benches drinking juice.

"Ate....I have an owwiee...." RT showed Eena his scratched elbow.  They didn't notice it when RT fell.  It was more red and a little swollen now.

"Let me see?.....That's nothing...we'll put a little medicine on that later and you'll be okay!" Eena assured him.

"Okay!"

"Are you ready to go home?"

"Yes!"

They biked home. "RT! Stop! Move to the side! There's a car!" Eena called out to RT who was in front of her.  The boy stopped and Eena drove up to him. "Remember to stop when there are cars....stop on the side, okay?"

"Okay...."

"Where have you two been?" Maine asked her kids as they entered the gate, dragging their bikes and parking them in the garage.

"Ate teached me how to bike!" RT proudly announced.

"Taught..." Maine corrected, fixing RT's sweaty hair.

"Ate taught me how to bike..."

"We came from the park. RT's galing! He learned right away...."

"Awesome!" Maine gave RT and Eena a high five each.

"But I have owwiee.." RT showed his sore elbow to Maine.

"Aww...let me see?" Maine took a look at RT's elbow then kissed it. "Go take a bath then we'll put band-aid.."

"Iron man?"

"I'll see if we still have Iron Man..."

"Okay!" RT said and he and Eena went inside the house to take a bath.

"Mom....." Iggy came from behind Maine who was busy surpervising their dinner.

Iggy was the most quiet among the kids so Maine treasured these moments when her oldest boy spoke.

"Yes, love...?" Maine said as she turned and put her arm around Iggy as they walked into the dining area.

Iggy handed Maine a big envelope.

"What's this?" Maine said as they stopped.  She slowly opened the envelope and pulled out it's content.

It was a certificate for "Academic Excellence".

Maine was very happy to see such an achievement from her very quiet and reserved son.  She gave Iggy a bear hug. "I'm so proud of you, Kuya! I love you!"

After dinner, the family lounged in the den to watch some tv.  Maine announced that Iggy had something to show everyone.

"Kuya Iggy....." Charm started but was hushed by Maine.  Eena, who was sitting beside Charm, wrapped Charm in her arms and kissed her on the head saying, "Shh...."

"What? What?!" A very curious and excited Rj looked confused but was smiling.

"I got...." Iggy spoke and handed the envelope to Rj.

"What's this?" Rj looked at everyone then opened the envelope.

When he saw the certificate, he jumped up and hugged Iggy. "Nice one, Kuya! That's my boy!" He tussled Iggy's hair.  Everyone joined in for a hug.

"Aaaand....RT can ride his bike....." Eena announced.

".....2 wheels!" RT declared, holding 2 fingers up.  More cheers and hugs from everyone.

"This calls for Ice Cream!" Rj announced.

"Yehey!" Everyone said. "I want chocolate!" Charm squealed.

"Okay....everyone get dressed....let's go get ice cream...." Maine led everyone out of the den. The kids ran up to their bedroom.

Rj put his arm across Maine's waist and side hugged her. "My boy's as smart as his mom!" He said as he kissed Maine's temple.

"Bolero!"

"I'm not kidding!"

"Baliw!"

"Ah yes! I agree!"

"You agree that you're crazy?!....sabagay....." Maine giggled and shook her head.

"YES! Crazily in love with you!"