Hell on Earth

The weekend came and went as my mother and I unpacked boxes that littered the house. The time and energy we spent putting the house together reflected on my mood when my mother was informed of my enrollment the following Monday which happens to be today.

The blaring alarm clock on my nightstand did not start my morning off to a good start, nonetheless, I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower for a more soothing awakening.

I stand under warm water for as long as I can before hearing banging on my wall from my mom, "Athena you're going to be late on your first day." She yells excitedly from the other side of the wall.

I laugh and reluctantly turn the water off before quickly getting out and drying off. Now doing the smartest thing in the world, I avoid the dilemma of having to find an outfit this morning by already picking out my clothes this week yesterday night.

"Ten minutes!" My eyes roll at the sound of my moms shouting.

"Okay, coming!" I shout back quickly fitting myself into ripped denim high wasted jeans and a plain black shirt with a pair of worn-out converse.

I hurry into my bathroom taking out the messy bun I created to keep my hair away from the water in the shower. My hair falls and I quickly run my fingers through it taming it down for a couple of hours. I continue with rushing as I quickly brush my teeth and apply mascara before running into my room grabbing everything I will need for the day.

Making sure I have all I need; I rush down the stairs taking two at a time until I hit the ground floor where my mom is waiting by the door in her professional attire for work. I smile big and run to the kitchen grabbing an apple for breakfast.

"You look, beautiful sweetie." My smile grows bigger.

"Thanks, mom and you look stunning as ever," I say in a high pitch voice laughing.

She chuckles shaking her head before opening the front door and walking out, I follow behind making sure I have my keys as well. Every day, no matter what, my mom waits for me so we can leave the house together, it started ever since I have gotten my car and I never questioned it only because I know she does everything for a reason.

"Have a good day at school Athena, dont cause too much trouble." She laughs knowing I am the best student there is.

"We'll see." I laugh unlocking my car doors and climbing in.

Looking over at my mom I see she is waiting for me to drive out first which is the usual morning ritual, I put the car in drive and make my way to my new school with the help of google maps.

The drive to school was peaceful as the town is quiet and not filled with traffic and city noises, the quiet along with the beautiful scenery of the trees gave me a clear mind heading into a new school. Pulling up is not at all what I expected it to be, maybe I watched too many movies because this is not at all what I expected.

Never being the new girl at any school before I expected the cliché classic, popular in one area and nerds in the other, what I didnt expect was everyone was talking amongst themselves. It is just one giant group of teens enjoying each other company, it was strange and unsettling rather than comforting.

As I pulled into a parking spot the atmosphere changed, the group of teens stopped the talking and all smiles vanished off the faces of the students. I frown at the odd behavior and try to brush it off best I can as I turn the engine off and collect my things getting out of the car.

The sound of car door shutting seemed to be everyone out of the weird trance and carry on with their conversations although this time I was the subject of the conversation. Expecting something like this to happen is easier to accept rather than not expecting the unexpected.

I go to carry on with my mission to find the office but the screech of tires halts me in my steps. Turning around a red car stopped behind mine blocking my car in, looking for the owner of the car I am met with blazing green eyes and a head full of blonde hair.

"I dont know if youre blind or just plain stupid but this is my parking spot." She practically screams at me.

I know this is something I would want to avoid, an altercation, but this is the cliché I was looking for. The mean girl with the rotten attitude, a classic cliché, although I didnt expect her to be blonde only because that bit has already been played out.

I collect myself and frown look around at the group of teens that formed around us, "It is just a spot, besides I dont think were assigned parking spaces." I say with the roll of my eyes before shrugging her off.

The girl frowned at me like I was in the wrong before stepping closer to me and breathing in, its my turn to frown as she steps back into her place with a smirk.

"For your sake, Ill let this one for now but park in my space again and youll want to transfer by the end of the week." She threatens, turning on her heel giving me a face full of hair.

"We'll see." I laugh causing her to freeze in her tracks but I dont stick around for another round with the mean girl as I have better things to do besides argue with someone not worth it.

I weave through the many students bumping into many on my way and I cant help but laugh at how this morning started. If I am right about the feeling I have in my chest I can already tell this is going to be one hell of a school.