sawyer gets hurt!

*Sawyer gets hurt and Mitch and Scott have to take him to the doctors! I hope you guys enjoy! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 🤖

Sawyer is climbing on the couch while Issy and Amelia are playing. Sawyer is acting like he is on a balance beam. Sawyer's feet slip and he falls off the couch, landing on his left arm.

Sawyer begins to scream loudly. Mitch runs in the living room.

"What's wrong, baby? What happened?" Mitch asks as he picks up Sawyer. Sawyer is holding his arm.

"Did you hurt your arm, baby?" Mitch says as he tries to grab Sawyer's left arm.

Sawyer screams loudly causing Isabella to run in and Amelia crawling to the living room.

"I fell down!" Sawyer says as he points to the couch.

"Oh my gosh! Scott! We need to go see Dr. Blake!" Mitch says as he picks up Sawyer.

"Okay! Let me get the girls in the car." Scott says as he runs like a mad man in the house, getting everything they need.

Scott and Mitch rush and head to the doctor's office. Sawyer is laying in Mitch's lap.

Ten minutes later, Scott, Amelia, Isabella, Sawyer and Mitch are in a room.

"It's okay, Sawyer!" Isabella says as she kisses Sawyer's cheek. Dr. Blake walks in the room with a smile.

"Hi, what happened today?" Dr. Blake asks Scott and Mitch. Sawyer is hiding his face. Scott rubs Sawyer's head.

"He was climbing on the couch like he wasn't suppose to. And then he fell, landing on his left arm. He hasn't been using this arm since and I'm just worried." Mitch says and Scott nods in agreement.

"Okay. Sawyer, can I feel your arm sweety? I will try not to hurt you. If I hurt you I'm so sorry." Dr. Blake says.

Dr. Blake begins to feel Sawyer's left arm. Sawyer is hesitant, but allows Dr. Blake to feel his left elbow. Sawyer begins to cry.

"It's okay! It's okay. He has what it called Nursemaid's Elbow." Dr. Blake says to Scott and Mitch.

"What does that mean?" Scott asks Dr. Blake.

"Nursemaid's elbow means that the elbow has slipped out of its normal place at the joint. The elbow bone is connected to the elbow joint by elastic bands called ligaments. These ligaments grow stronger and tighter as a child grows older. In little kids and babies, the ligaments are still loose. This makes it easy for the elbow to slip out of place. This is common for somebody that is Sawyer's age. This is because as kids grow, the bones harden and the ligaments get tighter and thicker. This helps keep the elbow firmly in place." Dr. Blake says as she rubs Sawyer's cheek.

"So what is the treatment for it? Does he need surgery or a sling?" Mitch asks Dr. Blake with concern.

"All we have to do is just pop it back into place. I can teach you guys, just in case this ever happens again. This is very easy to do." Dr. Blake says softly.

Sawyer looks at Mitch in horror. "It's gonna be okay, buddy. I promise you." Mitch says as he kisses Sawyer's cheek.

"Scott can you please hold Sawyer while Dr. Blake does it." Mitch says and Scott nods. Scott picks up Sawyer and sits him in his lap.

"I am going to do the reduction maneuver to pop his elbow back into place. He will probably scream, but after the initial shooting of pain it will stop. And then he will use his arm. Don't worry if he doesn't use his arm right away, he might think it's still messed up. Are you ready?" Dr. Blake asks and Scott nods.

"Okay Sawyer, I am going to move your arm and make it feel better." Dr. Blake says as she holds Sawyer's left arm.

Sawyer screams loudly as Dr. Blake pops the elbow back into place.

"I heard that pop!" Scott says as Sawyer sniffles.

"Got it on the first try, sometimes it takes a two or three tries. Awesome job, Sawyer! High five!" Dr. Blake says and Sawyer high fives with his right hand.

"It's okay bud, you can use your other arm now. He's probably hesitant because he thinks it's still got to hurt but that's normal. I fixed your arm, sweety. All better!" Dr. Blake says as Sawyer begins to move his left arm with ease.

"Awesome job! Just keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't yank it out again. If it happens again and you can't get it back in, the emergency room can help. But usually slings or anything are not needed." Dr. Blake says to Mitch and Scott.

"Thank you so much!" Mitch says as he kisses Sawyer's cheek.

"My pleasure! I'm glad he didn't break his arm that would have been sad." Dr. Blake says as she smiles at Sawyer.

Dr. Blake gives Sawyer, Isabella and Amelia a sticker. Scott and Mitch shake Dr. Blake's hand before leaving. Isabella, Sawyer and Amelia are all tired and ready for a nap.

"Are you sleepy baby? I know it's time for a nap." Mitch says as he and Scott buckle Isabella, Sawyer and Amelia in.

Scott, Mitch, Sawyer, Amelia and Isabella head home and take a nap before getting the older three from school! :)

Mitch tweets: "Sawyer decided to climb the couch and he fell! Poor baby broke his arm I think 😭"

"Sawyer pulled his elbow out of the joint! But luckily we got it back in! Thank you to our pediatrician!"

"Sawyer is back to his wild self! So happy he is okay! He is gonna be our wild boy that's for sure 😊😘"

Scott tweets: "Sawyer possibly broke his arm 😳"

"Update: Sawyer had a Nursemaid's elbow and we got it back into place! Poor baby boy 😞

"Never thought I would learn how to pop an elbow back in place, but I know just in case Sawyer does it again!"

"Sawyer is back to running around crazy and causing Mitch to panic 😂"