Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

My eyes find Laurel's and she grimaces before quickly walking away.

Wow thanks a lot Laurel.

Sara meets my eyes and I look at her uncertainly. She sends me a soft smile and motions for me to follow her. I walk after her to my room and she closes the door behind us. She gently grips the hem of my shirt before pulling it over my head. Her hands brush my bare skin as she slowly begins to stitch up my wounds. We remain silent the entire time as her hands softly caress my skin. When she's finished, she helps me pull my shirt back on and we sit on the bed.

"So," I say awkwardly.

"Look, I was dead," she begins.

"Wow really, I hadn't noticed," I say sarcastically.

"I missed your sarcasm," she says quietly, looking at me.

I look into her eyes and I can't help but feel safe. The part of me that had been missing all this time, had finally returned.

"I missed you," I say to her.

"I missed you too," she says and gently takes my hand. "Let's not worry about what is happening in our lives right now. I don't care what's going on with you and Roy, I was dead you had the right to move on and I'm not mad at you for doing so. Let's just enjoy this, being with one another again, because who knows how long it will last?"

I smile at her and we lay back on the bed. I rest my head against her shoulder and she drapes her arm over my waist. I nuzzle my nose into her shoulder and gently press my lips to her neck.

"I love you," she says quietly.

"I love you too," I respond before smiling against her skin. "For the record, nothing is happening between Roy and I,"

"Uh huh, sure there isn't," she says and I'm about to protest. "Hush now and go to bed, it's been a long day,"

I quiet my protest for the moment and wrap my seem around her torso. I close my eyes as I gently snuggle into her side. Within seconds, I fall fast asleep.

-

I awake in the morning to find Sara already awake and looking at me.

"Were you staring?" I ask her as I roll over onto my stomach. 

"It's romantic," she says and smiles at me.

"It's creepy," I say and she laughs.

God, I had missed her laugh. I smile at her and for awhile we just hold each other's gazes.

"I need to shower and get to work," I say quietly and she sighs before her eyes light up.

I sit up and sit with my legs hanging over the edge.

"Want some company?" she asks.

"At work?" I question as I stand up.

I feel her hands grab my waist before she trails her lips from my shoulder, up my neck to my ear.

"In the shower," she whispers and I smile.

-

After our shower, Sara and I both got changed. We walked over to my work. At the door, I turned to her and smiled.

"I have to work my shift," I say and awkwardly hook my thumbs in my jean pockets.

"I know," she says and smiles at my awkwardness. 

I smile at her and take a long moment to admire her. Her blond hair flowing in waves over her shoulders. Her haunted yet gorgeous blue eyes. Everything about her, I had missed.