That Night

Two Years Earlier:

There had been a concert in the park and Colin and I had decided to go. We were walking home; he had told me that if we walked to his house he would drive me home so I didn’t have to walk by myself. But I insisted I could walk the couple streets by myself. He had agreed after a couple minutes of convincing, though he didn’t seem too happy about it.  I was walking down Main Street, when I came up to an alley way. As I came up it, I saw amongst the shadows what seemed like a darker shadow, it was in the shape of a man.

He extended his arm towards me, I wanted to run, to flee, to get away from him; but my body wouldn’t move it was if I was frozen.  Instead of running my body moved closer. I wanted to scream but it was caught in my throat. It was if he controlled me. I took his hand and spun me towards him. Instead of screaming I laughed, what the hell was wrong with me?! Why couldn’t I run? Anxiety began to fill my mind, but me body was happy it would obey me!

“Calm down, Alexia. I won’t ‘hurt’ you.” He smiled. His voice was like velvet. It immediately calmed me, it sounded so homely. It was in a way beautiful. I wanted to obey any thing that came out of his mouth.  Any he said I wanted to obey. The back of my mind began to itch, well not ‘itch, itch’ but it felt as if I had forgotten something extremely important. He spun me again, I giggled.

“What is your name?” I asked.

“Remus, my dear.” He smiled, there was something off about his smile but I didn’t care.

“What a lovely name.” I marveled at the name.

He seemed like an old friend. He leaned down towards me.

When he was close to my ear he whispered, “Have you ever wanted to live forever?”

“Of course! Who hasn’t?” I gasped as his teeth sank into my flesh. I felt the life slowly drain form me.

“Good.” He whispered between the 'feeding'.

I began to slip into darkness. The last thing I saw was Remus standing above me looking terrified.