Chapter 4: Hey! Mister Shapeshifter

We left Bobby's house a little before afternoon time to head to Oklahoma. Castiel was still 'upstairs'... heaven that is. I layed down in the back seat with a pillow and a blanket, after all it was a 6 hour drive so why not make the most of it.
  "So what are we after, anyways?"
I asked Dean, who was in the passengers seat for once. He handed me a paper from his research and began to explain.
  "Shapeshifter. I hate those sons-a-bitches... but somebody has to gank em'"
He testified. I handed him back the paper and rolled down my window. It was a smoking 90 degrees and we had our heads sticking out of the window like panting dogs.
  Sam switched on the radio, and my head lifted immediately to the sound of "Eye of the tiger". Sam shook his head and smiled as Dean and I pounded our fists in the air to the beat.
  He began to strum the steering wheel like a guitar as Dean started singing the song.
  "Rising up, back on the streets. Did my time, took my chances!"
      I laughed as Sam pulled over the car waiting for Dean to finish.
   Dean opened the car door and began to strum his leg like a guitar as well, continuing to sing.

I started chanting his name while laughing as he made a complete fool of himself.
Dean made a big finish and we laughed at him as he got back into the car.
We jammed out to a Queen CD, annoying Sam the rest of the ride until we reached Tulsa, Oklahoma. We found a motel in the suburbs of the city, and started doing research as to where these killings were located.
   Dean said that they were similar to the shapeshifter they had dealt with before, morphing into a similar version of their prey, and then torturing and killing the victim. It was around 7 p.m. and we decided to do research the rest of the night since it was getting late and they didn't want things to get too risky on my first hunt.
About an hour into research I got bored and asked the boys if they wanted to go out for a drink...
We got to the bar about 10 minutes later. Dean got a shot of whiskey, and I sat down next to some random guy. He looked over at me.
"Well hello pretty lady..." The man smirked pervertedly. I tried to act seductive, hoping I could get him into buying me a drink since I didn't bring money. I usually pulled these cards at bars if I didn't want to spend money.
"What brings you here?" He asked, turning his chair towards me to get a better look. I smiled at him.
"21st birthday celebration... Although... I haven't had my first drink yet." I lied. He grinned.
"Oh... well we can fix that, can't we." He said, asking the bartender for 'a cold one'. I grinned at him as the bartender slid a beer over to me, and I then spun my chair towards Dean and winked, letting him know to play along.
"Hey, babe, this kind man just bought me a drink."
I grinned, he smiled awkwardly and shook his head, understanding how to play along.
"That's nice... hun"
He choked on the 'hun' part as it was awkward for him to say that to his younger sister. The other guy stared down Dean. He looked puzzled.
"Oh, I see you have your boyfriend here." He demised, giving Dean a dirty look. I nodded my head.
"Yeah... it's totally serious." I said to him, holding back a grin. Dean coughed up a little bit of his whiskey at my words.
"Ehehm... Uh-sweetie, could we chat for a moment."
Dean insisted urgently. I grinned at the man, holding up a finger to excuse myself.
Dean pulled my towards a back area.
"Babe?! That's the best you could think of?!"
He whisper yelled. I gave him a surprised look.
"You replied! And besides, I'm getting bad juju from this guy, I think I might be catching on to something!"
I explained to him. Castiel suddenly appeared, scaring the daylights out of the two of us.
"God Dammit Cas!" We said in unison. He apologized.
"y/n is right Dean, that guy is your monster." Cas told us. I smiled at Dean, crossing my arms to prove I was right. I peeked around the corner to see if the guy... well, shapeshifter was still there. Shit.
"Uh... guys, we have a situation... Perv-o guy is gone." I exclaimed, Dean sighed.

"All right gang, to the Mystery Machine." Dean said, we started walking to the Impala. Cas looked at the two of us confusedly.
"I don't understand that reference." He established.
"Forget it, Cas." Dean rolled his eyes and we got in the car. I stopped him before he could drive away, for I noticed something on the ground. Dean knew what it was right away.
"God Damn! Son of a bitch already shed... He could be anyone and anywhere by now."
He grumped. I bit my lip and smiled.
"This may be the same case as your last shapeshifter, but this one sure ain't as smart as the last."
I chuckled, pointing out to the nearby woods where I noticed a strange creature disfigure itself. It was truly disgusting to the point where I wanted to gag, but I got out of the car anyways. Dean asked me if I would like to do the honors since it was my first real hunt after all. I obviously said yes as he handed me a small gun with silver bullets. I crept up sneakily behind it, but of course... Dear, dear Castiel.
"Why is it so slimy?" He asked, causing not only the monster to start running, but for Dean and I to slap our heads as we started chasing this thing through the dark forest. We reached a hilly area where I was able to lunge myself on top of the creature. I then pulled out a silver dagger from my boot and stabbed it straight in the heart.
Dean helped me up as Cas stood there.
"Did I do something wrong" He asked with sorrow in his voice. He looked down at his feet knowing he had messed up. It was like watching a poor innocent kitten... although I know he is far from innocent.
I swung my arm around his shoulder to comfort him. "Actually, you kind of helped. If you hadn't of scared it, than I would have had to use the gun, which would have started commotion."
I reassured him as we made our way back to the car.
He sat in the back seat on our way to the motel, and I dozed off a bit.
When we walked in I flopped on the bed as usual.
"You can stop your research Sammy-boy... We killed the thing."
Dean said. Castiel stared at me laying on the bed.
"Why do you humans do that? Throw yourself like a ragdoll on to a bed..." He asked.
"Try it." I advised. His expression stayed the same and he replied in his usual monotone voice.
"Okay..." He fretted, flinching his eyes as he let himself fall backwards on to the bed, and landed with a flop.
"I still don't understand the equivalence to this." He finished, still sunken into the bed.
"It's comforting, Cas." I tried to explain. Sam was a little aggravated that we slayed the beast without him.
"It was unintentional, actually. The shapeshifter just so happened to be the man I tried to seduce into buying me a drink at the bar."
I explained. He was still upset, but ok with the fact that we didn't mean to.
"Oh, and get this." Dean started. I gave him a "Don't you dare" look, but I retrieved a devilish grin from him saying straight up "Oh yes I will".
"Missy over here tried to use me in her little 'stunt' to get herself a drink, Ain't that right?"
He snickered. I grinned at him.
"Oh don't get so cocky there bucko, you were the one who played along, right 'hun'"
I mocked. Sam looked at us confused, as did Cas.
"Ok, Ok ladies, you both look pretty, but how about we call it a night?"
Sam declared. There was only a twin sized bed and a queen sized bed, so I bunked with Sam while Dean took the twin.
"Good night guys." Cas said before poofing away, and we all went to bed.