||Chapter 12|| A Night We Hope To Forget

Vlayd's POV

"Dante your dead!" I jump up, and land behind the couch. "Wha-whats going on!?" Dante yells fearfully as I peek out from behind the couch. "I don't know, you tell me!" Garroth yells, rage in his voice. "G-Garroth what h-happened?" I squeak. "Vylad, you should know better than to be... doing that!" Garroth yells. "Doing what Garroth!?" Dante yells back. I quickly assess the situation. Okay, I'm a Mei'fwa, which Garroth knows. I was on the couch with Dante, but we woke up on the floor, so we must have fallen off. Dante had taken his shirt off because it was hot, and I fell asleep on top of him... on the floor... oh my Irene. "Garroth, we weren't doing that! Dante took off his shirt because it was hot, and we fell off the couch after we fell asleep." I explain. Dante nods frantically, and Laurance gives Garroth a reassuring nod. Thanks Laurance. "Fine, fine. I was jumping to conclusions, so I apologize." Garroth says. "It's okay." Dante and I say in unison. "Also, if this is going to be a thing," Garroth says as he points at Dante and I, "your hands do not go below each other's waist." "Yeesh, fine dad." Dante says, smiling. Suddenly Zane's voice comes from upstairs. "Go away!" I look at Garroth, worried. I run up the stairs, and the guys follow behind.

Garroth's POV

After hearing Zane yell, I race upstairs. Once upstairs, I see Zane on the couch, hugging his knees, his mask lying next to him. He must've just woken up. I run over to Zane, and sit next to him. I put my hand on his back, and feel him shaking. "Zane, what's wrong?" I ask quietly. After he doesn't reply, we all hear banging on the door. "Zane, come on, we need to talk about what happened." Travis's voice says. Travis. "Well I don't want to talk! I trusted you and look what happened!" Zanes shaking voice replies. I get up and walk to the door, and Vylad takes my place next to Zane. I opened the door to see none other than a terrified Travis. "What do you want?" I growl. "Garroth listen, what Zane told you is not the whole story." Travis says. "What more could there be than a cheating lowlife hurting my little brother?" I say coldly. Travis looks hurt, but I don't care. "Please, at least give me a chance to explain." Travis pleads. "Get in here. 5 minutes. Talk." I say, letting Travis in. He walks in and sits on the couch across from Zane. Everyone stares at me, confused. Right, I'm the only one who knows what happened. "Zane, what you saw wasn't by choice. The girl you saw me with was Nicole, and she wouldn't let me go." Travis explains. I hear Dante gasp. Dante and Nicole used to date... Until Vylad came along, heh. "Likely story." Zane says with anger. "I'm telling the truth. I may be strong but Nicole is too, and wouldn't let me go until you had gone." Travis says. "Listen, I don't know what you plan to gain by inventing this sad excuse of a story, but it won't be me. I can tell you that right now." Zane says bitterly. Travis gets down on the floor and grabs Zanes hands, looking him in the eye. "I, would never want to hurt you, I swear." Travis says. Zane stares at him for a few moments, and finally says, "I... I believe you. And I forgive you. Don't make me regret my choice." Zane says half-smiling. "Thank you, thank you Zane!" Travis says, beaming. He rushes forwards and picks Zane up bridal style, and kisses Zane's forehead. I clench my fists at the sight of Zane blushing, but relax because I know he's okay.

Travis's POV

Oh my Irene, I'm so relieved he forgave me. I stare into Zane's eye as I hold him, forgetting everyone else around me. "Ahem, we're still here." Laurance says jokingly. I blush, and set an equally red Zane down. I turn around and see Vylad, Laurance, Garroth, and Dante trying to hold in their laughter. Wait a second... What happened to Vylad? "Ummm, what happened here?" I say with a smirk while pointing at Vylad. "Long story." Dante says as reaches up and scratches behind Vylad's left ear. I hear nothing... but a small humming sound? Wait, Vylad is purring. I start to laugh and so does everyone else... well except for Vylad. After he stops Vylad says pouting, "We don't know when it will wear off." "Lucinda?" I ask. "Lucinda." They all reply. "Anyhow, it's already morning and I've got to be going." Laurance says. Garroth looks at him and says, "Oh, where are you going, if I may ask." "To the mall, I have some shopping to do. Man, it would be nice to have some company, but oh well!" Laurance says dramatically as he walks out the door. "Your still in your pajamas and you left your stuff downstairs." Dante says laughing. "I'll get it later!" Laurance yells. "Ummm, got to go!" Garroth says as he runs upstairs to his room. Its so nice to be back here with everyone.