Chapter 15, part 1

A/N: As the picture below might imply, this update has some definite heat to it. Enjoy!

 Enjoy!

Emmie had not anticipated waking up to find herself riding a tidal wave of desire. Even less expected were the details of the dream that had resulted in that tidal wave wake-up.

The dream began in darkness. She was in a warm room with the blinds drawn, the only light a pale sliver pushing its way into the room from a narrow gap between wooden slats and window.

She lay naked on the left side of a bed, satin sheets folding over her skin like wings tucked around a bird.

She knew immediately she wasn't the bed's only occupant...

A man wrapped his arm over her chest; pulling her to him so that her backside was pressed against his front -- his hard, appealingly taught and very Ryker-like front.

"I don't think this is such a good idea." This statement, uttered without much oomph, didn't do a whole lot to convince her much less convince

the man who was now caressing her bare skin.

She shivered in delicious anticipation as he ran his hand up and down the length of her side. "I think it's a very good idea. The best I've had in a long time."

"Even better than UMA's creation?" She rocked her hips back and forth in time to the rhythm he'd begun with his own.

"Not even in the same ballpark." Trailing his lips over the back of her neck and down to her shoulder, he nibbled her playfully.

"Things are so complicated, Ryker."

"Only because we've made things complicated, but they don't need to be. Besides, sex is a thing and sex by itself is never complicated. Isn't that why we agreed to our entanglement clause when we first met? Sex and sex only. We always knew exactly what to do as far as that went."

"That's true." She grasped his hand where it had come to rest on her waist and brought it over to the softness between her thighs, leaving it there for his fingers to begin an in-depth exploration. "And we're good at it."

"Mmm., very good." He kissed her neck again as his eager fingers probed her. "Like I said, this is the best idea that's ever existed in the history of ideas. I can tell you agree."

Emmie's misgivings were lost to the sensation of Ryker's nimble fingers gliding in and out. Just as he began to reposition her so that he could slide into her something other than his fingers, the dark room began to fill with thousands of twinkling lights. Ryker was still there, the bed remained beneath them, but the room was no longer a room. Instead, they were, bed and all, on top of a mountain, the night sky a magnificent glowing dome above them.