Daerius

I wake up to a loud knocking at my bedroom door. I sit up with a groan.

"Come in," I say. I look up and see one of my guards.

"Alpha, the messenger from the Mountains is back," he informs me. The urgency in his voice makes me hurriedly follow him through the house.

He leads me to my office where he stands guard outside the door. I walk in to see my Beta beside a ragged-looking wolf.

His hair is sticking up in multiple directions, there are dark circles under his eyes and he is covered in dirt. His shoulders are slumped and he looks exhausted.

"I apologize Alpha for my condition, I could not stop and what I have to tell you is too important to wait until morning," he says, his voice hoarse.

"Get him some water," my Beta tells the guard outside.

I lean against my desk, nodding for him to speak. "What happened? Where is the rest of your group?" I ask.

"They're all dead. We were only there for a day before the dragons found us. It was in the middle of the night and I had left to take a leak when they attacked."

"Did you guys get any information before the attack?" I ask.

"Just what we saw. There were mostly guard dragons but there was one red haired girl that stood out. She wore a crown so we assumed she was the Dragon Queen or something," he shrugs.

Dragon Princess, my wolf corrects.

"Why did she stand out?" My Beta asks.

"She can manipulate fire better than any of the other dragons, and she is the one who has been training their warriors," he says.

"That's not good," I mutter.

"So going back to the attack, what happened exactly and how did you get away?" Beta Cadyn asks.

"I didn't really. They killed everyone then found me. They were going to kill me too but that girl told them to let me go," he tells us.

"Why'd she let you go?"

"She wanted me to tell you that she is going to kill every single wolf until the Werewolf King is the last one, and then watch him burn," he recounts, glancing at me nervously.

"Thank you, go get some rest and we will continue discussing this tomorrow," I mumble.

The man leaves and Beta Cadyn, peers at me with concern. "What part bothers you most?" He asks. I let out a low growl.

"The fact that this is all my sister's fault."

***********

"What the fuck Daerius! Why are you putting me in here?" Angel yells as the guard shove her into the cell.

"Because of you, my mate is determined to kill all wolves!" I growl.

"How is that my fault?" She spits.

"Because you couldn't keep your fucking hands to yourself, Lyza nearly got herself killed trying to save us! And now she's been turned into a weapon!"