29

"So Harry's at school today." Niall said to me as we sat and ate a small snack before our class we had together with Harry.

"He is?" I asked in shock. "He didn't tell me that."

"Oops. I hope it wasn't a surprise."

"It's fine Niall. I'll still be shocked to see him."

"So you two are getting along well then?"

"Oh yeah." I nodded. "It's amazing how well we are getting along. You know our past. It's awful."

"Yeah." he nodded and then the bell rang for us to get to the classroom.

We got up and walked into the class together and then sat down in ours seats.

A few minutes later... Harry walked in.

Everyone was surprised and said hi and then he sat down next to me in his usual seat.

"Hi Harry." Niall smiled and they fist pumped behind my back.

"Hello Harry." I then said turning to face him.

"Hi." He smiled warmly at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were back?"

"Wanted to surprise you."

"Well I'm definitely surprised." I said with a big grin plastered onto my face.

The teacher then gave out instructions for everyone but then told me to take Harry down to the library and help him check out the book all of us had to get a few weeks ago that has been helping us with this unit we are learning.

So Harry and I then got up and made our journey to the library.

"So, you are really okay?" I asked Harry as we walked.

He nodded but didn't say anything.

"Harry." I spoke softly and stopped walking.

He stopped too, but didn't look at me.

"Harry? Why did the doctors let you go if you aren't okay?"

He didn't say anything.

"Harry. Answer me."

"I lied about getting better. I only said I was better and I wasn't craving so I could get out of there."

"Harry." I whined. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I hated it there Louis." He said finally looking up at me. "I absolutely hated it in there. I don't need help. I'm fine just the way I am."

"Harry, you've tried to kill yourself multiple times."

"Well maybe I wanna go? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to go? There is nothing here for me. So why stay?"

"Really?" I asked in shock. "There's nothing here for you?"

He nodded.

"So I'm not important enough to make you stay?"

"Look Louis... you are an amazing friend, but that's not going to save me."

When he said those words... I felt like I got shot in the heart and I could taste the blood.

"We need to get your book." I whispered and then started walking to the library again.

He just silently followed behind me and when we reached the library I got his book for him.

We then headed back to class. We sat down and got back to work, him only speaking to me to ask for a pencil.

That was the last encounter we had for the next two weeks.

__________

I know it's short, I'm sorry. But please like and comment. Thank you :) ~ Ash